Cruise PP help sugar craving

Cherry.

Ok, time to come clean, I'm in conso stage and I have a really really sweet tooth. When not dieting I can quite easily eat choc morning, noon and night (hence the diet lol) But I've been starting to chew and then spit into a tissue foods I'm craving ie biscuits and chocolate. I know, totally gross and I'm sure it is stalling me. Has anyone got any ideas of things I can make or try and do to help. I've tried the muffins, SF jelly and cheesecake receipes but it's still constantly in my mind. Doesn't help that we've got the inlaws staying with us at the moment and they have loads of sweet stuff around the house....arggh

Cherry, I know exactly what you mean, I have the same sweet tooth! I was eating too many sweetened yogurts and recently I have turned to Trident Splash strawberry lime sf gum. It has been my saving grace.

Whenever I have a sweet craving, I pop one or even two in my mouth! It really does do the trick but now worried I am chewing WAY too much. :( However, if you can keep it to around six a day it may be worth a try.

Now that I am in conso I do the exact opposite - if I crave something sweet I eat some protein (cottage cheese or biltong usually, as these are both in the corner shop)

I find it cuts the craving dead in its tracks and gets me back on track.

What is biltong?

I googled it and it looks delicious! But Wikipedia says it has sugar in it. Are we allowed?

Biltong is fine.

I'm often banging on the "don't OTT on sweetener in Cruise, cos your raging sweet tooth will cause you angst in Conso" drum... and, like Atropos, I try to no longer reward a sweet craving with anything sweet. "Chicken. Egg. Don't fancy them? Not hungry". It works sometimes :D

I unfortunately hate biltong

Biltong has been my lifesaver. I live in Wimbledon (aka Wimblefontein as it's so full of south africans!) so when I've had a late finish from work or have been out with friends and I know the walk past all the takeaways on the way home from the station will be torture I get some biltong from the Saffa shop and munch that on the walk home. They also sell it in all the pubs and bars so it's a dukan-friendly alternative to the nachos or wasabi peas my friends are ordering!

I also have to confess to being a huge biltong fan :) It's my Saturday evening treat when DH is munching his way through a family bag of crisps (and still not gain weight... humph!)

I've never seen biltong ... What is it ?

Hardly get enough reception here on my iPhone to use google :p reception always drops in the middle of searches

Biltong is a kind of cured meat that originated in South Africa. Many different types of meat are used to produce it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats, but differ in their typical ingredients, taste and production process; in particular the main difference from jerky is that Biltong does not have a sweet taste.
The word biltong is from the Dutch bil ("rump") and tong ("strip" or "tongue").[1

Thank you maintainer :) may have to search some out to try as I'm getting better at eating meat .... I used to have a terrible phobia about it lol

Right, so, how did you know you were allowed to eat bilbong? If I had to decide by myself if I could eat it, I would google it, read wikipedia which says it contains sugar and come to a conclusion that it is not ok.
As I am not a good judge of these things (ie the strawberry yogurt) due to a lack of knowledge, I would love to know where you all get this info!!!

Ps. Dying to try it now!

Right, so, how did you know you were allowed to eat bilbong?
As I am not a good judge of these things (ie the strawberry yogurt) due to a lack of knowledge, I would love to know where you all get this info!!!

By posting menus, asking for advice and accepting it, by listening to the more experienced members of this board.

Yeap, I'm all ears!

I like the idea of having something savoury when you carve something sugary. As an ex smoker I know we can overcome cravings.

My dad used to say that smoking for exemple, is more of a habit then a vice and that if you brake the habit you can kill the vice. I'm thinking we can do the same with sweets!

Sorry to put a damper on this but it appears Biltong has added sugar! I can understand for those that continue to lose weight with such things but for me I couldn't have anything with added sugar and lose weight. That includes such things as for example turkey bacon.

What I don't understand is that it is meant to be a hard and fast rule of the diet not to eat anything with added sugar and then I read about exceptions. Perhaps I am missing something?:confused:

Vixx said:
Biltong has been my lifesaver. I live in Wimbledon (aka Wimblefontein as it's so full of south africans!) so when I've had a late finish from work or have been out with friends and I know the walk past all the takeaways on the way home from the station will be torture I get some biltong from the Saffa shop and munch that on the walk home. They also sell it in all the pubs and bars so it's a dukan-friendly alternative to the nachos or wasabi peas my friends are ordering!

Vixx I used to live in Wimbledon, am now in mitcham. There's someone else on here from croydon. I find it amazing that in this forum there are people from the US and other foreign countries and there are us three right near each other! The wonders of the world wide web, such a small world!

Back