Cruise PP help sugar craving

Sorry to put a damper on this but it appears Biltong has added sugar! I can understand for those that continue to lose weight with such things but for me I couldn't have anything with added sugar and lose weight. That includes such things as for example turkey bacon.

What I don't understand is that it is meant to be a hard and fast rule of the diet not to eat anything with added sugar and then I read about exceptions. Perhaps I am missing something?:confused:

It isn't obvious from the wiki ariticle, that although the traditional marinade for biltong includes a small amount of sugar, by the time its been dried almost every trace of sugar has been removed - after drying biltong has less sugar in it than fresh lean beef!

That sounds rather patronising. Alessandra asked a perfectly reasonable question after all!

In Atropos' defence you cannot tell tone from text....she's on here all day answering people's questions. She's helped me with my queries on more than one occasion, that's for sure! Alessandra herself has had literally dozens of questions answered by Atropos... *see thread below of 118 posts of answered questions*

Last edited:
And I am grateful to those answers! I just wish I didn't have that many questions that's why I asked where to get this info so I wouldn't have to bother people that much!

Places like this forum are where you get the answers, you check the FAQ and if it's a common question it will be answered there, if it isn't you ask, as you have been doing and the experienced members can answer as a lot of aspects of this diet seem to be tolerated in theory but not in practice and vice versa...

Ok !

willbefabulous - I apologise if you misread the tone; Alessandra and I have taken part in some very long conversations over the past three days, over several threads, and you are only hearing part, not the whole.

I apologise too for judging too quickly - I've now seen some of the "history" and realise you've been very helpful and patient ;)

Atropos, you've been fab!

It isn't obvious from the wiki ariticle, that although the traditional marinade for biltong includes a small amount of sugar, by the time its been dried almost every trace of sugar has been removed - after drying biltong has less sugar in it than fresh lean beef!

Thank you Atropos, that is very interesting. I have only seen biltong once in a supermarket and was very disappointed when I saw that about the third ingredient listed was sugar so it sounds like it varies. I will definitely keep an eye out in the future for some.

envisaging the sales of biltong in the UK going sky high...

Had biltong today and LOVED IT!!! Shame it is so expensive!

As everyone knows, the diet originates in France where one of the allowed meats is "viande de grisons" ("bundnerfleisch") from Switzerland. Also "bresaola" from Italy.

(Each tastes equally foul to me...)

:8855:

The bresaola saved my life on hols. Everyone was going to an Italian restaurant and literally the only Dukan friendly option on the menu was a starter of bresaola so I had that as my main with an undressed salad. I was rather hungry but I thought it was gorgeous. :)

Humm, something else to try! Where do i get that?

Sainsburys sell Biltong, I tried some the other month when it was on offer but wasn't too keen. I chewed it for a while and ended up taking what looked like chewed up string out of my mouth to bin!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1318501129738

I had tried the Beef Jerky from Tesco but found it was too soft and too easy to chew, it was gone in no time, that is why I decided to try Biltong.

Won't bother buying it again though (the Biltong, not the Jerky).

It is quite expensive though and doesn't last long.

Back