Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help Sweet Tooth Munchie Attack

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sarah1274, 27 April 2011 Social URL.

1. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hi

I am in my third week of WW and had two good weeks and the odd slip up but it still worked.
    Now I haven't had a sweet Tooth in years I always crave cheese, bread or Chinese,(although I have a little weakness for cake!)
    However today I have felt like the cookie monster and want to shovel anything sweet down my throat, I am trying not to but so far have succumbed to 4 Jam and Cream rings 8pp and Peanut M&M's 6pp and yes I am over my daily allowance a lot!! This consumption is me being restrained, I want to eat everything!!

Has anyone else experienced this, and does this feeling go away??

Fingers crossed tomorrow this urge to binge will pass.:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I had it this evening and gorbed some rubbish.....so annoyed. i feel awful now and really exhausted. serves me right really!! We'll get over it one step at a time xx

4. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Yeah I'm not sure if its the guilt or the sudden Sugar hit and come down that is leaving me feeling poop!!! :(
    Am even contemplating going to bed so I'm not tempted!!
    Like you say, one step at a time:)

5. Kizzyann

Kizzyann Member

Hey,

I am a real savoury girl but since joining WW my Boyf now calls me "2pud" because if I have enough points ( & I mostly make sure I have!) I have 2 puddings

I have just succumbed to my change in taste and I now have cupboards full of low point things that satisfy my sweet cravings. It hasn't effected my weight loss (3stone off in 4 months) and I think it has actually kept me on the straight & narrow because I don't ever feel deprived as have "treats"

My face things are:

Curly Wurly 3pp
    WW Rich Toffee Bar 2pp
    Shape Delight Chocolate Yoghurt 3pp
    Fibre Plus Bar 3pp
    WW Honeycomb Sundae 3pp
    Carte Dor light icecream 1 scoop = 1pp, 2 = 2pp with banana
    WW wafer bar = 2pp
    Whispa Icecream Bar = 2pp
    WW Minipot choc or toffee = 2pp
    Galaxy Ripple Snack Size = 2pp
    Lu Mikado x 3 sticks = 1pp

Hope that helps x

6. Mammacass24

Mammacass24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(12.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatcher ProPoints
    How about trying a sweet drink?

Diet coke/lemonade?

Or sugar free jelly?

7. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Wow Kizzyann congrats on the weight loss and thank you for that list, (which I have now copied into word and stuck up above my pc!)
    Mammacass unfortunatley diet coke is something I drink maybe a little too much off but sometimes it helps.
    Normally I don't really crave sugar and if I do fruit or coke or like you said Jelly works, but today I wanted biscuits and carrot cake, chocolate ├ęclairs and snickers and munchies and every other chocolate sugar based item out there lol

Oh well tomorrow is another day, and hopefully a healthier one, thanks again guys.

8. Kizzyann

Kizzyann Member

oops just noticed a typo. Whispa Icecream Bar = 3pp

x

9. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Still worth the 3pp's though :)

10. carlyb1208

carlyb1208 Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Interesting as this happened on my 3rd week. Im in my 4th now and i regretted what the scales said lastweek that im determind to not let it happen this week.(gain of 1.5) I kept thinking 1 little mini egg wont b a point,2 little mini eggs wont b a point.....then the whole bag later and i worked it out at the end and it was 12points!!!
    Ww choc eclair puddings are nice and only 2pp! I usually have one of them as a treat they dont last v long and usually i want another one. But curly wurlys r my fav and for only 3pp wen frozen i snap it into little peices then stuck all the choc off! It lasts longer haha.
    Good luck one bad week = motivation to be good i think! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    I know this is potentailly bad advice, but sometimes I think we have to give in to some of our cravings. The reason I do is because:

1 - If I don't satisfy the craving, I'll end up not enjoying anything I eat for days, resenting the "diet" and giving up

2 - My body is trying to tell me it wants something

3 - If I let the craving "win" then I -95% of the time- don't want the thing for quite a while after.

Obviously when I do have the craving I try not to gorge on it, or just ram it in my gob and barely taste it (aaah I used to do this all the time!!! So ashamed!) or have a snack size/reduced portion of the item, eat it slowly and if I still want more, have another after an hour or two. It works for me and doesn't make the food seem bad or banned.

I think changing eating plans is 80% mental anyway, so if you don't get to the root then nothing will change.

Just my 2pence :p

Oh and chocolate wise I tend to go for 2pp a bubbly bar 2pp (mini Wispa-style bar, Asda), WW chocolate digestive biscuit bar for 2pp, tesco wild and whippy bar 2pp (like a milky way).. mini twister lollies are 1pp and pineapple gets my sugar craving and it's FREEEEEE :D

12. 16-11

16-11 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watcher PP
    Charlotte-Eve your advice has really helped me I had fell off the wagon there for 2 days and was being all negative- 2lbs on :(

Bur I agree if I hadn't of done it I would be miserable! Just gonna take this as part of the journey-

My favourite quote-
    "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"

13. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Well done LEB - getting back on track takes balls and determination so congrats. 2lb in the grand scheme will be gone in the blink of an eye :) Sometimes life just doesn't allow an easy route to weightloss - I think having some "awkward times" thrown in there only makes the weightloss feel more worthwhile, as you've had something extra you've overcome on the journey. You've lost pretty much 10% of your total weight loss goal so keep it up!

Love that quote, it's so true - definitely one I'll be referring back to when things get tough.

14. 16-11

16-11 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watcher PP
    Thanks for your motivation and you know I've never even thought that about nearly losing 10%!

It's this forum and people like yourself who are really getting me through.

I love that quote- I'm a secondary school teacher and have it on my classroom wall lol

15. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I would be inclined to agree with Charlotte-Eve. **** happens. We all have rotten days where we just eat around us. Getting back on it is how we stop a 1lb gain turning into a 1 stone gain or just giving up altogether.

I had a bit of a blowout last night, at a packet and a half of those fancy biscuits (at like 2pp each, 10 in a pack) ._. But I did throw out the other half that was left.... and i'm back on the wagon now. Yay.

16. 16-11

16-11 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watcher PP
    Well the main thing is it's out of our system and we are back on x

17. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Again thanks guys, a second bad day for me, I feel I would eat my own arm if it was made of chocolate and cake!
    Stress also meant I hit the Vodka, so really bad day and almost doubled my daily allowance from my weeklies.
    However I am still hoping this is a glich and will carry on and hope this passes or my will power gets stronger!!
    Hosting my party tomorrow (or should I say today!) so gonna have to behave now, not got many points left lol :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.