Help Sweet Tooth Munchie Attack

sarah1274

Hi

I am in my third week of WW and had two good weeks and the odd slip up but it still worked.
Now I haven't had a sweet Tooth in years I always crave cheese, bread or Chinese,(although I have a little weakness for cake!)
However today I have felt like the cookie monster and want to shovel anything sweet down my throat, I am trying not to but so far have succumbed to 4 Jam and Cream rings 8pp and Peanut M&M's 6pp and yes I am over my daily allowance a lot!! This consumption is me being restrained, I want to eat everything!!

Has anyone else experienced this, and does this feeling go away??

Fingers crossed tomorrow this urge to binge will pass.:sigh:

Yeah I'm not sure if its the guilt or the sudden Sugar hit and come down that is leaving me feeling poop!!! :(
Am even contemplating going to bed so I'm not tempted!!
Like you say, one step at a time:)

Hey,

I am a real savoury girl but since joining WW my Boyf now calls me "2pud" because if I have enough points ( & I mostly make sure I have!) I have 2 puddings

I have just succumbed to my change in taste and I now have cupboards full of low point things that satisfy my sweet cravings. It hasn't effected my weight loss (3stone off in 4 months) and I think it has actually kept me on the straight & narrow because I don't ever feel deprived as have "treats"

My face things are:

Curly Wurly 3pp
WW Rich Toffee Bar 2pp
Shape Delight Chocolate Yoghurt 3pp
Fibre Plus Bar 3pp
WW Honeycomb Sundae 3pp
Carte Dor light icecream 1 scoop = 1pp, 2 = 2pp with banana
WW wafer bar = 2pp
Whispa Icecream Bar = 2pp
WW Minipot choc or toffee = 2pp
Galaxy Ripple Snack Size = 2pp
Lu Mikado x 3 sticks = 1pp

Hope that helps x

How about trying a sweet drink?

Diet coke/lemonade?

Or sugar free jelly?

Wow Kizzyann congrats on the weight loss and thank you for that list, (which I have now copied into word and stuck up above my pc!)
Mammacass unfortunatley diet coke is something I drink maybe a little too much off but sometimes it helps.
Normally I don't really crave sugar and if I do fruit or coke or like you said Jelly works, but today I wanted biscuits and carrot cake, chocolate éclairs and snickers and munchies and every other chocolate sugar based item out there lol

Oh well tomorrow is another day, and hopefully a healthier one, thanks again guys.

Interesting as this happened on my 3rd week. Im in my 4th now and i regretted what the scales said lastweek that im determind to not let it happen this week.(gain of 1.5) I kept thinking 1 little mini egg wont b a point,2 little mini eggs wont b a point.....then the whole bag later and i worked it out at the end and it was 12points!!!
Ww choc eclair puddings are nice and only 2pp! I usually have one of them as a treat they dont last v long and usually i want another one. But curly wurlys r my fav and for only 3pp wen frozen i snap it into little peices then stuck all the choc off! It lasts longer haha.
Good luck one bad week = motivation to be good i think! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know this is potentailly bad advice, but sometimes I think we have to give in to some of our cravings. The reason I do is because:

1 - If I don't satisfy the craving, I'll end up not enjoying anything I eat for days, resenting the "diet" and giving up

2 - My body is trying to tell me it wants something

3 - If I let the craving "win" then I -95% of the time- don't want the thing for quite a while after.

Obviously when I do have the craving I try not to gorge on it, or just ram it in my gob and barely taste it (aaah I used to do this all the time!!! So ashamed!) or have a snack size/reduced portion of the item, eat it slowly and if I still want more, have another after an hour or two. It works for me and doesn't make the food seem bad or banned.

I think changing eating plans is 80% mental anyway, so if you don't get to the root then nothing will change.

Just my 2pence :p

Oh and chocolate wise I tend to go for 2pp a bubbly bar 2pp (mini Wispa-style bar, Asda), WW chocolate digestive biscuit bar for 2pp, tesco wild and whippy bar 2pp (like a milky way).. mini twister lollies are 1pp and pineapple gets my sugar craving and it's FREEEEEE :D

Charlotte-Eve your advice has really helped me I had fell off the wagon there for 2 days and was being all negative- 2lbs on :(

Bur I agree if I hadn't of done it I would be miserable! Just gonna take this as part of the journey-

My favourite quote-
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"

Well done LEB - getting back on track takes balls and determination so congrats. 2lb in the grand scheme will be gone in the blink of an eye :) Sometimes life just doesn't allow an easy route to weightloss - I think having some "awkward times" thrown in there only makes the weightloss feel more worthwhile, as you've had something extra you've overcome on the journey. You've lost pretty much 10% of your total weight loss goal so keep it up!

Love that quote, it's so true - definitely one I'll be referring back to when things get tough.

Thanks for your motivation and you know I've never even thought that about nearly losing 10%!

It's this forum and people like yourself who are really getting me through.

I love that quote- I'm a secondary school teacher and have it on my classroom wall lol

I would be inclined to agree with Charlotte-Eve. **** happens. We all have rotten days where we just eat around us. Getting back on it is how we stop a 1lb gain turning into a 1 stone gain or just giving up altogether.

I had a bit of a blowout last night, at a packet and a half of those fancy biscuits (at like 2pp each, 10 in a pack) ._. But I did throw out the other half that was left.... and i'm back on the wagon now. Yay.

Again thanks guys, a second bad day for me, I feel I would eat my own arm if it was made of chocolate and cake!
Stress also meant I hit the Vodka, so really bad day and almost doubled my daily allowance from my weeklies.
However I am still hoping this is a glich and will carry on and hope this passes or my will power gets stronger!!
Hosting my party tomorrow (or should I say today!) so gonna have to behave now, not got many points left lol :)

Back