Help! The cake is after me!

large_lump

I've come to work this morning to find cake sitting in the kitchen!! Plus a cupboard full of biscuits and sweets. Biscuits I can talk myself out of but cake!! Help me! Looks sooooo good aswell! Snack a jacks just aren't cutting it :-/

Attachments

• image-367204171.jpg
    image-367204171.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 58
I know the feeling! My mum volunteers as a cake baker at a community centre and tries out all her recipes at home first, visiting her is a nightmare!

Cake is SO many calories and so not worth it, maybe have a freddo or curly wurly, or plan to have one, that way you know you're going to get a treat. And make sure you don't sniff the cake.
Sniffing the cake leads to eating the cake (I know from experience :( )

It looks lovely, but I had some cake last week and a normal slice for me was about 350-400 calories, and that was just plain sponge, wouldn't want to see the content of that cake..

Cake is SO many calories and so not worth it, maybe have a freddo or curly wurly, or plan to have one, that way you know you're going to get a treat. And make sure you don't sniff the cake.
Sniffing the cake leads to eating the cake (I know from experience :( )

It looks lovely, but I had some cake last week and a normal slice for me was about 350-400 calories, and that was just plain sponge, wouldn't want to see the content of that cake..

I think the sniffing thing depends on the person, I remember reading a story in a magazine once about how this woman lost weight by sniffing food rather than eating it as that satisfied her enough... I'd love to have that kind of self control!

If my OH is eating something I want I sometimes sniff it, sometimes it satisfies me, sometimes it doesn't. I find sitting in bed next to something can be satisfying too - because I know I COULD eat it, It's not being withheld from me, and I am not being deprived, I am choosing not to eat it.

But other times sniffing it makes me want to bite my OH's arm off and eat the rest of the food. I think chocolate cake would fall into the latter category for me today, so I always think it's safer to avoid sniffing.

((sniffing also makes me feel a bit weird, like it's some sort of .. addiction, like giving up smoking and breathing in other peoples smoke etc))

I have such a sweet tooth it's unreal! Smells yum but it's not squidgy... I'll try and use that to put me off! I've been cooking all morning just to keep me busy and away from it! X

I havent trusted myself to try sniffing things. Partly due to the weird addiction feeling you mentioned and because I'd probably want to eat it if I did.

Anyhow, large_lump how is it going so far?

Yeah, imagine it all crumbly, but in the dry gravelly consistency way,

You'll be able to do it. You'd rather have dinner than cake, and they can end up being the same calories anyway! :)

I'd rather have cake than dinner but at least I'm being honest ha ha :) don't eat it cos it's not worth it :)

We're out the house now so I can't get to it! I aim to get back as late as possible so I have less temptation time! X

Back