Help! Think im addicted to bread & cereal!

Silvermaneuk said:
That's what it says in the book, porridge on its own does not have high enough fibre content, which is why they add the scan bran's.

So if you don't have it then you should theoretically syn the porridge, and your consultant it giving you the wrong information I am afraid! If you email Slimming World they will confirm what I have said.

**stomps feet!!! Lol I will tell her next week. It hasn't affected my weight loss but maybe it will as I get closer to target. I also am one of the wierdos that like scan bran so I'll fit it in! Thanks :)

Your consultant is correct - there is nothing in the SW literature to say you should syn it if not having the full amount. It does say that you may not get the full amount of protein/fibre/calcium required but if you are eating a balanced diet you will be picking these up from other foods as well. I have emailed SW about this and all they said was that you would not get the full amount of nutrients to count as a HE , they did not say that it should therefore be synned.

The HEs are there to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet not to assist weight loss so to suggest you should syn them if not having the full amount is not logical. Consultants who suggest otherwise are adding 2 + 2 and getting 5.

I have emailed SW about this and all they said was that you would not get the full amount of nutrients to count as a HE , they did not say that it should therefore be synned.

Well that saves me asking!! I had thought that was the case, but it's always nice to know it's the right approach.

I love seeded batch or wholemeal. I never buy white bread. Usually thick slices. I am more addicted to cereals rather than bread, but I sometimes find myself grabbing a slice of bread to tide me over before dinner!
Well, that is something you'll need to look at;)

Apples or carrots are great tide over foods:D

Bread and Cereal, my main dietary need too. I've adapted quickly to the new regime. Think you get withdrawals the first week. Stick with it and you may surprise yourself!

Bread and Cereal, my main dietary need too. I've adapted quickly to the new regime. Think you get withdrawals the first week. Stick with it and you may surprise yourself!

I have given up Alpen now, and switched to weetabix with banana on top. Think I am gonna cut out the bread! I will see how I get on, I am positive I can lose some weight with SW. Ive done it before, I'm gonna do it again! xx:vibes:

I love bread, but find it easier to have none than some. Otherwise if I have the tiny healthy extra portion then I just want more!! If I do have bread, i've found that the asda wholemeal pitta are good for a 'hit' as there's no ambiguity on portion size, and they're not so nice that I want loads!!

Jennyonaplate said:
I love bread, but find it easier to have none than some. Otherwise if I have the tiny healthy extra portion then I just want more!! If I do have bread, i've found that the asda wholemeal pitta are good for a 'hit' as there's no ambiguity on portion size, and they're not so nice that I want loads!!

I'm exactly the same. I can't stop at one slice, or two, or five....... So i just don't buy it. Might try the wholemeal pittas.

Back