HELP! Weekend away! Anybody!?!?

cat-bee

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am having a bit of a dilema in that I have been on SS for two weeks, Im doing well, not really struggled and Im completely motivated....

However....Im going away to Dublin for a weekend for my in-laws ruby wedding anniversary, and I know there is just no way I'll be able to stick to SS....

My CDC suggested I could have a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch then AAM for dinner....I will be able to cope with having a shake / bar for breakfast in the hotel, but when we are all out and about, and we go somewhere nice for lunch and dinner, there is no way I'll be eating just a bar and be able to sit and watch everyone else eating...

I dont want to go away and have a complete blowout weekend, but I do want to go and enjoy myself....so I was wondering, would it be ok if I had my cambridge product for breakfast, then a healthy low carb lunch and dinner?? I know the calories are higher and my weight may stall / increase, but I want to have a plan so I dont go away and mess everything up completely!

Please if you could offer some advice as to whether this would be ok or any other suggestions, Id really appreciate it!

Sorry for the long thread! Im so worried about this! :(

Cat Bee x

Last edited:
Cat, i have had the same circumstances are you are worrying about the weekend just gone. Hubby booked a nice hotel for two nights and i really wanted to enjoy myself as we dont get to go away that often on our own, what with children, work etc.
Anyway, i went, i ate and had a great time. I wasn't as disciplined as you have suggested and ate normal meals and also a few sweeties but had a great time. I got back on the scales monday morning and they read +4 but this morning they were -3 so that has bucked me up no end!
Im a great fan of what the scales say, no doubt all i ate has registered on my body somewhere in a big fat lump of fat but i haven't found it yet!
What im trying to say is, do what suits you, life is too short and im sure you wouldn't go mad and binge...i didn't.
I just had a lovely weekend away, enjoying time with my hubby and got straight back onto SS+ monday morning.
So what if i knocked myself out of ketosis? xx

Thanks very much for that....its what i needed to hear i think, I know there is no way i'd be able to stick to SS or even SS+ when im away, so Id rather go and enjoy myself. As I said I wont have a major blow out, but I will be eating 'normal' food! :D

Thanks again!

Cat Bee x

Just for your info, i got weighted last night and i haven't put any weight on at all, stayed the same as last week. That i can live with!
If there was any justice, i would have as i ate out every night and had cooked breakfasts in the morning lol.
But i didnt.
And according to my scales i have lost another 1lb today so am back to where i was friday before going away.
Hope you have a great time and dont let any guilt ruin it for you.
This is one weekend out of many and you have all the time in the world to diet on the other ones! :) xx

Back