Help!! What can I reply to this?

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
I am a member of a group on fb and just told them all about Exante and had this response from one of them;

Any food replacement diet is not really a good idea healthwise, slow and steady is the way to go with weight loss as when you do crash diets your body goes into starvation mode and so you will pile all the weight back on again when you do start eating normally again.

I really want to write something back that proves there is nothing wrong with Exante as it has peed me off a bit. But what can I put?!!!

ive had somany people say this to me it drives me crazy mayb tell them to come over to this site and have a look for themselfs no its not for everyone but different things work for different people i have a friend on this sdiet shes lost 29lb in 6 weeks and has been slated badly for it

how rude of them! tell them to piss off and mind their own buisness lol xx

Tell em that we're all so ill we've become Zombie flesh eaters and if they carry on being rude we'll come and eat their brains!!!

:giggle:

I'd say that while you appreciate their concern they are in fact incorrect in their perception of a VLCD. It IS healthy. The weigh is just as likely to stay off as with WW etc and no need to worry it's very safe and you DONT go into starvation mode

Haha you lot crack me up! How about something like this then:

That seems to be everones perception of a TFR diet and indeed mine too before I thoroughly researched it. But in actual fact it IS both healthy and safe and the weight is just as likely to stay off after as with any other diet such as sw or ww, also your body doesn't go into starvation mode. In my opinion it all comes down to the individual, of course if I returned to my old eating habits then I would put the weight back on and probably more so. However if I gradually introduce healthy, nutritious low calorie food and combine that with plenty of water and exercise then there is absolutely no reason why I should put it back on at all. I know quite a few people who have done TFR diets and have gone on to successfully maintain their weight and I quite hopeful that I will be able to do the same.

Is this ok? Lol x

Princess_Ames said:
Yup... don't forget the bit about zombies though!!!! :giggle:

Haha ok I'll add that bit at the end lol! X

Starlight said:
I'd say that while you appreciate their concern they are in fact incorrect in their perception of a VLCD. It IS healthy. The weigh is just as likely to stay off as with WW etc and no need to worry it's very safe and you DONT go into starvation mode

Thanks starlight! x

Too right we will! We are all on Facebook in the shadows ready to pounce when one of our own is being slated!!

Starlight said:
Sounds like a good response :)

Any more trouble we'll all sign up to the FB group and kick some ignorant butts :whistle:

Hahaha, well I have not had a response back yet! Hopefully that's shut them up! x

shellreed2011 said:
Too right we will! We are all on Facebook in the shadows ready to pounce when one of our own is being slated!!

Lol x

See... i feel like joining just to say "I am currently on a VLCD, i have more energy, my nails are growing really well, my hair is shiny and my body is shrinking. Instead of being out of breath, lethargic and generally unfit. Yes i can understand how bad it is for me feeling this good. Best dig out the donuts quick sharp!"

I find it best to ignore such comments - or send a minimal reply - You are wrong! My new friend GSQ has lost three stone in three months and is doing fine. In fact she says she is in better health than ever!
No response to ill informed comments is often very powerful.
GSQ

Getslimquick said:
I find it best to ignore such comments - or send a minimal reply - You are wrong! My new friend GSQ has lost three stone in three months and is doing fine. In fact she says she is in better health than ever!
No response to ill informed comments is often very powerful.
GSQ

Haha I should have put that! But I haven't had a reply from my last comment so I think it shut her up! Hahaha x

Back