Help - where do I start? - breakfast and lunch ideas needed

laura33

I need to lose weight, and I know that low carb (atkins style) dieting works best for me, but I really struggle to keep at it. I have a demanding job and two young children and breakfast and lunch are the hardest for me. I never get time to eat breakfast before I leave the house in the morning, but I can make it easily enough when I get to work, but generally have two slices of toast. Lunch time usually I get something from the snack van that comes round which is cheese roll, crisps and a chocolate bar. I know breakfast and lunch are my worst two issues, but even if I can get organised for a short period of time, I end up having salad every day until I can eat salad no more and then give up. Can someone give me some ideas for breakfast and lunch for people that are on the go and don't have much time to put things together?

thanks for your help :)

Laura
xx

Have a look at the meal ideas thread for lots and lots of suggestions but for quick on the go things there's always:

hard boiled eggs, mini cheeses, packs of prawns or deli meats, packed lunch salads, chicken and mayo, tuna and mayo, egg mayo served on lettuce beds, cheese and celery, if you make a nice dinner you can take cold leftovers, crustless quiche, slice of Swiss roll etc.

Back