Extra Easy Help!! - why have i plateaued with weight loss

Stoo

loves to eat and drink...
please help, i have been up , down and maintained the same weight for the past 9 weeks. I follow the plan and although have had the odd weekend where extra beer has been involved, there has been no large gains, in fact there has been losses. I do hit the gym often, but I always have and this is not new (over 10 years fitness training), I am fit, I have lost inches but the weight isnt moving. Started slimming world in Jan after job change caused me to miss out on gym classes but really could do with losing at least another 14 - 21 pounds, this would take me to what i believe would be my target weight, (I completed the London Marathon weighing 16 stones) so I know I will never be tiny.

Any advice at all would be welcome
Thanks in advance
Stoo
x

Stoo said:
please help, i have been up , down and maintained the same weight for the past 9 weeks. I follow the plan and although have had the odd weekend where extra beer has been involved, there has been no large gains, in fact there has been losses. I do hit the gym often, but I always have and this is not new (over 10 years fitness training), I am fit, I have lost inches but the weight isnt moving. Started slimming world in Jan after job change caused me to miss out on gym classes but really could do with losing at least another 14 - 21 pounds, this would take me to what i believe would be my target weight, (I completed the London Marathon weighing 16 stones) so I know I will never be tiny.

Any advice at all would be welcome
Thanks in advance
Stoo
x

I was the same-I had 8 weeks where I sts, and even had a 1lb gain, and this was following the plan 110%, and running 4/6 times a week!
I discovered that I wasn't eating enough. Have increased my food intake, upped my speed and superspeed and basically mixed things up a bit more than usual, and the scales have started moving again
HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Not an expert on ee plan long term, have always mainly done the other plans. You could try a success express week or red or green to shake things up a bit. Are you having 1/3 superfree with each meal and snacking only on super free?

Maybe post some food diaries so people can advise.

Hope it sorts itself out it is frustrating when things don't work the way we expect. X

Hello Stoo,

Congrats on your achievements so far, very inspirational for me especially being another guy on here.

I read an article the other day and am now obsessed with it. I can’t post links here but do a search in google with the following command "how many calories does muscle burn compared to fat" you will find a great article by livestrong.

Hope it helps

Tim

The advice re a food diary is a good quick and easy way of seeing if anything is obviously a miss.

If you usually stick to ee do give red and green a go. Just changing to a different plan may be enough of a shock to the system to shake out of it. I can vouch for green!!

The advice re a food diary is a good quick and easy way of seeing if anything is obviously a miss.

If you usually stick to ee do give red and green a go. Just changing to a different plan may be enough of a shock to the system to shake out of it. I can vouch for green!!

I do a food diary and have handed it in the the consultant, says everything looks ok, will get the book out and plan a couple week of new food plans, see how it goes and post later. thanks

Just wanted to say I know how frustrating this is. My losses have slowed to a pound or STS. Am trying to mix foods up a bit this week. Had a different thing for breakfast everyday as was stuck in a rut with same B choices. Hope things improve for you.

This happened to me too, the thing is as you know fitness training the body wants to expend the least amount of energy and learns to adapt, so a bit like interval training we need to do a spot of interval dieting.
Stay on plan but try
Maybe a couple of days eat six meals a day, and use maximum syns
Alternate with a couple of days using minimum syns and 3 meals

Shirleen said:
This happened to me too, the thing is as you know fitness training the body wants to expend the least amount of energy and learns to adapt, so a bit like interval training we need to do a spot of interval dieting.
Stay on plan but try
Maybe a couple of days eat six meals a day, and use maximum syns
Alternate with a couple of days using minimum syns and 3 meals

Very good idea Shirleen :) it keeps the body guessing ;) Lily posted about it on my diary the other day, she tried it for a week and lost 6.5lbs x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back