Help with BMI needed

anje

I have just created a ticker for my signature and was surprised to see that my goal BMI was calculated as 20.7
I am 5ft 7 weighing 14 st 3 at the moment, and I think my goal weight should be around 60kg (as I am 168cm tall in metric). That is 10 st.
How come my BMI turned out to be so low? Should I rethink my goal weight? That would mean I should be about 10kg heavier, which I have been (once) and was still overweight.

A bit confused cos you are mixing your weights (kgs and stones/lbs) but according to the BMI calculator I used, your ideal weight is between 8 stone 6 lbs and 11 stone 4 lbs.

What's your goal weight??

I think BMI can be a bit hit and miss, people are all different, so I'd have a re-think as you get nearer goal and see how you look. I may not continue all the way to target if I'm comfy in a pair of size 10 jeans before I get there!

Thanks for reply girls. OK, I can see why I should stick with either metric or imperial (I even managed to confuse myself). Let's go with imperial...
As I said, I am 5ft 7, weighing 14st3. I think I should be 10st (my ideal weight) which is on the upper scale of the ideal weight that DQ mentioned. So why is my BMI calculated at 20.7? That is not healthy.
Should I work this out backwards - see what weight I should be if my BMI was 25?

I have just created a ticker for my signature and was surprised to see that my goal BMI was calculated as 20.7
I am 5ft 7 weighing 14 st 3 at the moment, and I think my goal weight should be around 60kg (as I am 168cm tall in metric). That is 10 st.
How come my BMI turned out to be so low? Should I rethink my goal weight? That would mean I should be about 10kg heavier, which I have been (once) and was still overweight.

If you are now 14st 3lb = 199lb

and you want to be 10 stone = 140lb

199 - 140 = 59lb being what you need to lose to become 10 stone.

59lb weight loss would give you a BMI of 21.9 at your height of 5' 7"

Your ticker shows you want to lose 69lb and weigh 130lb = 9st. 4lb and at 5' 7" that gives a BMI of 20.4

Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

I hope that helps?

kilograms to pounds calculator.

http://manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm

Oh nothing better then hearing you need to lose less to make you the sexiest woman alive !(after me of course when I lose all my weight;))

Back