Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help with buffet nibbles...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by ~Lucky~, 12 January 2011 Social URL.

1. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi everyone. I'm doing WW at the moment but my MIL is doing SW (EE). I've offered to help make some nibbles for a family party and thought it would be good if I made a few things PP and Syn safe for the both of us. I can figure out the WW side but need a little help with the SW side.

So far I've got...
    - Quorn cocktail sausages (heard they're a bit of an acquired taste so I'll test them out first)
    - Cheese and fresh pineapple/pickled onions on sticks (maybe measure out cheese to hex sizes? Also are pickled onions free?)
    - Seafood sticks (Syns?)
    - Veg with low syn/ Syn free dips (any ideas for dips?)
    - Maybe some other quorn products

Could anyone help with any of the above or give me some other ideas? There'll be plenty of people there who won't be dieting so I ideally want to make it suitable for everyone.

Last edited: 12 January 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    lean meats, savoury rice cooked and chilled, pasta salad with low fat or no dressing
    Theres no syns in seafood sticks :)

Theres a lovely syn free salsa dip and lots of other dips low syn you could probably find the recipes on here?

4. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    the quorn savoury eggs are nice, a syn free quiche, chicken drumsticks (or other, skin removed),

5. callmejulie

callmejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
  6. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    The Quorn mini sausages are 1/2 syn for 2. and the mini scotch eggs are 2.5 each

depending on what plan - Lean meats, home made mini burgers with a syn free tomato relish, smoked salmon, SW chips, potato wedges, curried eggs, salad, cruidites and dips, sw syn free onion bhajis

7. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cos lettuce leaves make ideal little 'cups' for filling with things like prawns, or even some stir-fried meat with something like garlic, chilli, soy sauce and ginger.

They're easy to pick up and eat too, so no mess!

8. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  9. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love golden savory rice cold mixed with a couple of chopped up boiled eggs and a tbs or 2 of vlf mayo- depending on how many syns I want to use.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.