Extra Easy Help with carb portions?

LittleSausage

is not so little
So, can anyone help me with carb portions? I'm talking about pasta/rice... Am on EE at the moment, so should I stick to the 1/3 of your plate? Or do you measure?

Grateful for any adivce!

x

If you are following EE or having a green day then you eat as much carbs as you want to, just make sure each meal is 1/3 SF. for pasta I count a tomato sauce in which i put tomatoes onion garlic peppers carrots and sometimes green beans then blend down and make sure I use loads of the sauce.
For potatoes then just load as much veg onto your plate as you can manage ( or if you are like me have a huge fruit salad for afters as I hate veg with a passion, I know this isnt doing it 100% but it works at the moment)

I dont measure anything i just look at the plate and estimate it

That is really helpful, thanks!
Will definitely be thinking of it like that, Kerry :)

The beauty of SW is that you don't have to get too hung up on portion sizes. So long as you stick to the 1/3 superfree food on EE and to stop eating when you're full, then you should be fine. Obviously if your losses slow down , or you stay the same, then it might be worth reviewing things, but generally I think people who do green days report good losses and enjoy good servings of carbs.

I think you need to be getting the idea of looking at your plate and judging what you need to feel satisfied, without obsessing over the kicthen scales every time you dish up a meal. As long as you are having 1/3 superfree, and eating until satisfied you should be ok, and if your losses do slow, then look at whether you are piling your plate too high.

Back