Help with constipation Please!

mummypower

Just call me Anne x
Hello, I know this subject is mentioned quite a lot so I'm sure a lot of cd followers have been in the same boat!
This problem seems to be getting worse for me, despite drinking 4- 6 lts of water daily and taking fibre 89 with my shakes.
I have had to take dulcolax three times in three weeks and worrying that taking laxitives regularly is not good for me.

Has any one else suffered and has a recommended soloution other than I've already tried?
I am getting desperate now, feeling like giving up as the pain and bloating is getting me down:(
Advice appreciated x

psyllium husks. see the threads for making porridge! It's great, but I do put some in every shake. I do however and here is tmi... go for a large poo most days.:D

Hi there

I know alot of people use Physillium Husks in there soups and drinks and swear by them. Perhaps give it a whirl.

Hope it sorts itself out for you, I know how miserable it can be.

Gxx

Thanks girls, can I get them from a health food shop?
Dont like the idea of the powder, do the tablets work just as well?

The tablets work but tend to be more expensive. I think Holland and Barrett sell the capsules. Make sure there's NOTHING other than psyllium husks in them though ... no 'pro/pre biotics' or other digestive aids.

For me personally, I couldn't imagine my shakes 'thin' anymore and the porrige was a lifesaver at times. I also like my soups thick so I only ever use PH in powdered form.

Depending on how desperate you are I have a huge pot in the cupboard which I never use - happy to post to you if you want to PM me your addy.

Gxx

Back