HELP with cooking!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Ive got some pork steaks and Ive got some potato skins left over from dinner last night. Do you think I could put them in the slow cooker with onion, butter beans, etc etc and make like a stew/casserole thing or will it all go manky?

Would I need to parboil the skins first or just bung it all in?

I only bought my slow cooker 3 days ago so not sure what I can and cant do with it.
xx

Are we talking about just potato peeling or like wedge skin things here?
I would put your chops in the slow cooker with bean, onion and maybe a tin of tomatoes and some herbs but maybe not add the potato and cook that seperately x

Ok so cook the meat and veg etc in the slow cooker and maybe bake the skins so they go all crispy!

i wouldnt put the skins in the slow cooker, i think they'd go to mush and not taste very good, agree with moomin, if you're determined not to waste them baking is deffo best option hun!! :) xx

a hundred years ago( says this ancient old crone) when the slow cooker was first launched and called a crock pot, I always started everything off from hot and found I had better results that way.

Definitely bake the skins! And if you're using canned butterbeans I would put them in the SC 1/2 to 1 hr before the end or they'll disintegrate.

Back