• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

HELP with cooking!

Yummy Mummy! xx
Ive got some pork steaks and Ive got some potato skins left over from dinner last night. Do you think I could put them in the slow cooker with onion, butter beans, etc etc and make like a stew/casserole thing or will it all go manky?

Would I need to parboil the skins first or just bung it all in?

I only bought my slow cooker 3 days ago so not sure what I can and cant do with it.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Will be thin god dammit!!
Are we talking about just potato peeling or like wedge skin things here?
I would put your chops in the slow cooker with bean, onion and maybe a tin of tomatoes and some herbs but maybe not add the potato and cook that seperately x

Will be thin god dammit!!
Ok so cook the meat and veg etc in the slow cooker and maybe bake the skins so they go all crispy!
i wouldnt put the skins in the slow cooker, i think they'd go to mush and not taste very good, agree with moomin, if you're determined not to waste them baking is deffo best option hun!! :) xx
a hundred years ago( says this ancient old crone) when the slow cooker was first launched and called a crock pot, I always started everything off from hot and found I had better results that way.

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Definitely bake the skins! And if you're using canned butterbeans I would put them in the SC 1/2 to 1 hr before the end or they'll disintegrate.