Help with diary - newbie with small losses

catcongra

I've just had my second weigh in and only managed to lose 1/2 a lb. Decided to start posting my food diary to make sure I'm doing it right. I previously lost 50lbs doing Celebrity Slim, maintained for a year and then gave up smoking a year ago and 1 stone has slowly started creeping back on so thought I needed to try something. I tried Celeb Slim again but couldn't sustain such a low cal intake. Joined Slimming World and was told that because I was in starvation mode (less than 1200 cals each day) the weight loss would be slow to start. Week 1 lost 2lbs and Week 2 lost 1/2 lb.

Todays Food:
HEA - 250 Mls SS Milk
HEB - 2 Slices Wholemeal Weightwatchers Bread

Breakfast - Banana on Toast with Jam (1 syn) and Coffee
Snack - Grapes and Coffee
Lunch - Mugshot, Apple, Pkt Baked Crisps (5 syns) Clementine and Coffee
Snack - Alpen Light Bar (3 syns) and Coffee
Dinner - Not sure yet - but will be syn free, veg and meat.

Any help appreciated.

I've just had my second weigh in and only managed to lose 1/2 a lb. Decided to start posting my food diary to make sure I'm doing it right. I previously lost 50lbs doing Celebrity Slim, maintained for a year and then gave up smoking a year ago and 1 stone has slowly started creeping back on so thought I needed to try something. I tried Celeb Slim again but couldn't sustain such a low cal intake. Joined Slimming World and was told that because I was in starvation mode (less than 1200 cals each day) the weight loss would be slow to start. Week 1 lost 2lbs and Week 2 lost 1/2 lb.

Todays Food:
HEA - 250 Mls SS Milk
HEB - 2 Slices Wholemeal Weightwatchers Bread

Breakfast - Banana on Toast with Jam (1 syn) and Coffee
Snack - Grapes and Coffee
Lunch - Mugshot, Apple, Pkt Baked Crisps (5 syns) Clementine and Coffee
Snack - Alpen Light Bar (3 syns) and Coffee
Dinner - Not sure yet - but will be syn free, veg and meat.

Any help appreciated.

Keep it up….remember slow loss is better than no loss

I loose very slowly as well….but, if I was to be totally honest, I only have stuck to the plan 80% of the time…I am working towards a 100% commitment…but it is that wee but hard as I am doing it from home on my own…This site is the only support and inspiration I have.

But I try to think of SW as lifestyle change rather than a diet.....It’s helping me to eat a lot healthier and makes me feel good about myself.

Goodluck

Well done on losing such a fab amount of weight on celebrity slim! And on giving up smoking. Small losses are still fab! It may be slower with slimming world but its worth it to never be hungry :) xx

Thanks for the welcome everyone - made a chicken stir fry for dinner (3 syns for the chilli sauce) also had an options hot chocolate - 12 syns today - most so far - usually have around 5 syns a day

Day 2

HEA - 250 Ml SS Milk
HEB - 1 Slice Wholemeal Bread (400g) 1 Hifi Bar

Breakfast - Beans on Toast, Melon, Coffee
Snack - Melon, Coffee, Banana
Lunch - Left over Stir Fry (3 syns)
Snack - Coffee and Hi Fi Bar
Dinner - Chunky Homemade Veg Soup (Syn free and full of super foods)
Snack - Coffee, Baked Crisps (5 syns)

Any advice?

Back