Help with EE

mandie35

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is doing EE. I started the plan on tuesday and rally need to lose approx 4 stone.

It seems too good to be true, can anyone give me any advice please.

Mandie

Only advise I can give is to try it, keep a diary (anywhere you want!) and it does work so trust it :D Good luck hun xx

It does seem too good to be true! But it really is what it is!

The important thing is to remember the 1/3 superfree for each meal though, I believe that's how it really works!

and use your syns! From what I've read on here and heard in class, it's not of any benefit to deprive yourself of them!

Aww thanks.

I hope im doing it ok. I get a bit confused as it seems strange you can have pasta potatoes and meat if you want. I have been snacking on penne past mixed with tuna and salad when im peckish which is all the time!!

I have given up smoking at the same time so constantly feeling the need to snack.

I have had 2 poached eggs spread on two wholemeal pieces of toast for breakfast.

going to have some of my pasta for lunch and then a chicken dinner with lots of veg for my tea. Does this seem ok to you ??

Thanks

Mandie

You need to make sure that with your pasta lunch you have 1/3 superfree food - It's this aspect of the diet that ensures it works whilst you're eating all the other foods.

Pasta isnt the best thing to snack on as things like fruit which is superspeed would be better for good losses, or even fat free yogs.

But speaking from close experience, when quiting, food becomes a substitute now aslong as you are eating free food this is ok but you have to remember the 1/3 superfree rule. You may not possibly loose loads and loads these first few weeks but remember how good you will feel in a months time being able to say im smoke free and a few pounds lighter!

Hope that hasnt completely confused ya there, but superspeed is the key. Your plan for the day seems ok, and good luck with quitting! It is hard and your very brave to try both together but hopefully SW will give you the guidence and support to do both! :D x

yeah it looks ok, but if you wanted to be 100% there's needs to be more fruit/veg across all meals.

So for example for breakfast, instead of two pieces of toast, have one piece and some tinned/grilled tomatoes?

lunch would be fine as long as it's a big salad taking up at least a 1/3! You can bulk salads out with sweetcorn, cucumber, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes and more I just can't think! All free!! xx

Thanks so much for replying and no it hasnt confused me :) but made me realise i need to use far more super free foods than i have been doing.

I have been saying for years that i need to quit and lose weight and really cant stand the thought of putting even more weight on but at the moment i am feeling positive about both ;) and i am on day 9 today.

I am hoping that by coming onto this forum and reading so many inspiring posts will keep me positive.

Thanks again for replying:D:D

I find on this diet that it's easy to create meals which don't have much Superfree, as you've already got so many options with the Free food. So for me, I focus on the superfree foods first. So if I've got some chicken to eat, I'll think 'What veg have I got to go with that' before I think about what else I might eat with it like rice or potatoes, and I find it easier to build meals with the superfree component if I think of it that way. In fact, I probably have about 50/50 or even 2 thirds superfree when I do it that way.

Jennyonaplate's advice is very good. I read something here a while back about "thinking superfree first" and I do try to do that.

Congratulations on giving up smoking. I have never smoked (thanks to all the bullies in the school playground who tried to force me to smoke - and in the process made me even more determined not to!) but I know from watching other people give up that it requires a lot of determination, but it is really worth it.

yeah I do exactly the same, I normally end up about 50/50 meat/veg.

I just find meals like that easy to make! like salads, or a peice of lean meat (steak, pork steak, turkey steak, gammon) with salad or veg.

Good for when I'm not feeling creative or have lots of time to cook! which is often!

hi mandie, i like you started tuesday, i tried it last year but my mind wasnt on it and i caved after a week or so,
i'm loving it now but am really wondering will it show on the scales i cant beleive all you can eat!

Sunday's are always my worst day when we all sit down to watch a dvd sunday evening, usually eat crisps sweets ice cream anything i can! but yesterday i ate muller light and fruit :) i just hope it works :)

Good luck guys! I'm restarting SW this year. First weigh in Wednesday. It is my first time on extra easy. I am finding it hard to believe it works as I've always been on red or green before. Thank you for the tips re the super free foods. I think I need to add more of those in too as I've also been going for a lot of protein and pasta.

Back