Help with estimating calories please :)

thatlittlebit

So, I'm going to dim t tonight Dim t - Dim Sum Restaurant. Asian Oriental Food & Chinese Teas and am planning to have the noodle bar 'Healthy' dish, which is egg noodles (which I'd substitute for the low carb version so no noodles, just extra veg) with red onions, green beans, carrots, broccili, bean sprouts with prawns.

Either that or the 'Superfood stir-fry' which is just butternut squash, carrot, chinese leaf, sugar snaps, pak choi, courgettes, spinach in a light teriyaki sauce, with prawns.

Would it be possible to get your opinions on calorie contents for each and which do you think would be lower??

Hiya... Well I haven't come across something like this BUT i use this app called my MY FITNESS PAL .. Normally I scan what ever I eat during the day .. But if iv cooked then I just estimate what I'm eating for example ... I boiled a hand full of broccoli ( which roughly weighed 50g) so I searched boiled broccoli and put in the amount im using in grams and it told me the calories... Hope this helps .. Try the app it's really good

Sorry I have no idea. I don't eat prawns. But from other "healthy option" noodle dishes I've had that are chicken, they were only around 4-500 and that's with noodles so shouldn't be any more than that!

Thanks but I have myfitnesspal already. I was wondering if someone could help estimate the calories in those meals. Are you saying I should put every ingredient in?

The stir fry would be low, prawns are about 80 calories for 100g, so they're very low calories. The other stuff is all pretty low as well, so I'd say about 400 calories for it, maximum, that's going over a bit to be on the safe side. That's based on Wetherspoons being 200 calories for theirs which is butternut squash, spinach, edamame soya beans, broccoli, fine green beans, pomegranate seed and red chard with Balsamic Vinaigrette.

But then the noodles won't be much either, as it's noodles that would be the most cals (about 200 more half a pack of sharwood noodles, which I know you wouldn't be given but gives you an idea of amounts) and the veg and prawns will be about the same as the stir fry, so there isn't really much between them so go for which one you like the sound of more.

Back