Help with exante porridge!?

I have previously been having mainly shakes as I have coeliacs disease and the soups and bars have gluten in. I allow myself a soup when I am feeling really desperate. I've been getting bored, bored, bored with 3 shakes a day so I ordered a box of porridges to have when I get really desperate for something different and hot.

I didn't realise however that you need to make these up using a microwave. I don't have one! Do you think they will be okay heated over the hob, or just mixing with hot water? I don't want to have to send them back and pay for postage! And I really wanted to try them. But I don't want to buy a microwave either. Help!

Update: After searching the forum I found people have made them up using 150ml water and heating on the hob (constantly stirring). I decided to give it a try. It came out okay - I think how it's supposed to be. I am not keen on the taste tbh, and would like it to be thicker. I might try less water next time and heating it for longer. But I only bought them to have occasionally when I can't stand another cold shake! And they certainly are different and hot so they'll do lol On a plus, it was so nice to chew something - and it filled me up so much more than the shakes do - I haven't been hungry on exante, but after the porridge I actually feel FULL and that's a nice feeling :)

you can make biscuit-y things out of the porridge too :)

Back