Help with garlic mushrooms

I was going to have garlic mushrooms with my steak tonight but they were a disaster. Does anyone have a fool proof way of making them using no oil?

I don't know how you've already tried but I would fry the mushrooms in frylight with some easy garlic and then add a little vegetable stock and simmer to reduce the liquid.

or if you have some extra light garlic and herb cream cheese you can mix this in with the cooked mushrooms and add a little milk to thin it out

I spray pan with fry light.Then I simmer mine in chicken bovril and beef stock mixed(sounds yucky but works for this) .I put Lazy garlic in the stock. Simmer till gone.Allow to dry fry(this is why I used the frylight-seems to coat pan despite water) to get rid of any extra moisture and give mushrooms that fried texture.I find thet feel soggy if I dont do the last bit.

I quite simply chop some garlic as finely as i can, fry this in frylight to soften (medium heat) - dont let it burn or brown.

Then add the mushrooms and a tsp of water if they dry out.

Recently tbh i've cheated! lol morrisons do a garlic and pepper grinder and i just sprinkle this on my mushrooms whilst cooking - they're really yum! xx

Back