Help with garlic mushrooms

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by tinkerbell_sparkle, 6 April 2010 Social URL.

1. tinkerbell_sparkle

tinkerbell_sparkle Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was going to have garlic mushrooms with my steak tonight but they were a disaster. Does anyone have a fool proof way of making them using no oil?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know how you've already tried but I would fry the mushrooms in frylight with some easy garlic and then add a little vegetable stock and simmer to reduce the liquid.

4. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    or if you have some extra light garlic and herb cream cheese you can mix this in with the cooked mushrooms and add a little milk to thin it out

5. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I spray pan with fry light.Then I simmer mine in chicken bovril and beef stock mixed(sounds yucky but works for this) .I put Lazy garlic in the stock. Simmer till gone.Allow to dry fry(this is why I used the frylight-seems to coat pan despite water) to get rid of any extra moisture and give mushrooms that fried texture.I find thet feel soggy if I dont do the last bit.

6. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I quite simply chop some garlic as finely as i can, fry this in frylight to soften (medium heat) - dont let it burn or brown.

Then add the mushrooms and a tsp of water if they dry out.

Recently tbh i've cheated! lol morrisons do a garlic and pepper grinder and i just sprinkle this on my mushrooms whilst cooking - they're really yum! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.