Help with HE and syns

Do I have to have all the healthy extras each day? And I think I'm lacking in syns. I have lost 15lb in 2 weeks but other than last sat (sisters 18th) when I probably had enough syns for the year I don't have many syns a day will this effect my weight loss in the future? Thanks

The healthy extras are there so you have enough calcium and fibre in your diet. if you don't have them you're missing out on what are basically important nutrients.

With syns- it is recommended that you have at least 5 a day. There have been people who say that their losses have slowed after cutting out syns or not having enough but this can differ from person to person.

Personally for me I do have days where I am under 5 syns in a day, even though it can be close (like 4 syns for example) it would just be because I've eaten so much free food I can't fit any more food in!

As long as you're not going without, thats fine

but really- have the healthy extras- that's a big part of the plan- if you're not having them then you're not really doing sw ;)

well done on your losses so far- best of luck on your journey :)

Do I have to have all the healthy extras each day? And I think I'm lacking in syns. I have lost 15lb in 2 weeks but other than last sat (sisters 18th) when I probably had enough syns for the year I don't have many syns a day will this effect my weight loss in the future? Thanks

I would say 15lb in 2 weeks is a bit extreme and whilst its good and all that you wont be able to keep it up and your body could well go into 'starvation mode' and hold on to all its resources, hindering your weight loss.

Your HEXes and syn are there for a reason, they are to be eaten so do have them, youre not doing yourself any favours by missing them out. Good luck x :)

Thanks to both of you, I do get them in most days (even if I just have wheatabix and milk for breaky) that's done and out of the way then. But yes syns I need to have a couple more, I usually have a dribble of gravy as my syns on my veg. Yes it's alot in first 2 weeks but I have it to lose! :-S I know I won't keep up to such good weight loss but anything I'm happy! And I'm never to the point of starving, love SW :) good luck x

Back