Help with my meal out at restaurant please..

Hi There
I am going to a fancy restaurant at the weekend as it is a special occassion. I have just checked out the menu and I would like to have the following but have no idea how to count it. Here goes:

Starter - grilled goats cheese on a field mushroom with balsamic glaze & crispy panacetta

Main - slow braised fellside lamb shank, bubble & sqeak, red wine reduction & pickled red cabbage

dessert - IL PASS

I would be so so grateful for your help as I don't wanna screw up this weekend. I am really trying
xxx

Hi There
I am going to a fancy restaurant at the weekend as it is a special occassion. I have just checked out the menu and I would like to have the following but have no idea how to count it. Here goes:

Starter - grilled goats cheese on a field mushroom with balsamic glaze & crispy panacetta

Main - slow braised fellside lamb shank, bubble & sqeak, red wine reduction & pickled red cabbage

dessert - IL PASS

I would be so so grateful for your help as I don't wanna screw up this weekend. I am really trying
xxx

It's difficult. I would always discount everything you know will be 0 points - mushroom and red cabbage. Goats cheese I would point as cheese 1 point per 10g and I would reckon it would be about 40/50g cheese. Pancetta I would point as bacon (streaky bacon if there is a points value for it). I doubt there will be much of that. Balsamic glaze may have sugar in so ???

Main course, I would do the sauce as a glass of red wine - 2 points, the lamb really depends on the size of portion and bubble and squeak similarly.

I think it's difficult to point until you have seen the sizes but lamb is often high in points and so is cheese. If I were you I would enjoy the night, enjoy the meal and just not worry about it!

Back