Help with my recipes please?

Hi
I just tried make hollandaise sauce to go with my salmon and asparagus, the recipe from dukan recipe book. But it was just like foam after I had folded in whisked egg White. Any tips?

Also tried baking mushrooms filled with quark, garlic and herbs and drizzles with balsamic vinegar but the quark dried out a bit. Any ideas? x

Also tried baking mushrooms filled with quark, garlic and herbs and drizzles with balsamic vinegar but the quark dried out a bit. Any ideas? x

Haven't tried the hollandaise. For the mushrooms, cook them first with salt and pepper, perhaps the garlic too if you don't like it raw, then put the quark mixture on and grill for a short time only. I dry fry the mushrooms, adding a tiny bit of water to stop them going hard. I also soften the quark with a little Fromage Frais. I use this 'quark boursin' on steak, fish and also on steamed veg such as beans and carrots. If you make the herby garlicky quark up as a pot beforehand the garlic permeates it more and you can just use it as and when you want.

Back