• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help with oats

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone can help me - I've been told to have different breakfasts to try and kick my body into losing some weight. So hunting around the kitchen just now to see what I have, and I discovered some oats.

So the book says that I can have 28g porridge oats and 1 oat/scan bran or 1 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread.

So I thought I could have this with natural yogurt and fruit (have never had it before - hope it's nice!)

But I only have the oats - so I'm wondering what to do? Do I have more oats or have maybe an alpen light bar with it? Or just have the 28g of oats and nothing else?

Just want to make sure that I do it right!

Many thanks!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

wenchie

Silver Member
Hey,

the porridge itself doesn't contain enough fibre to be a HEx, which is why the scan bran/Ryvita is in there too, although you don't need to have them at the same time, just in the same day :D (I usually have porridge as a two course breakfast though - porridge, made with HExA milk - drink the balance - and a scan bran with a syn of jam; it's a lovely way to start the day and works well for my losses).

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Mmm..that sounds interesting. I might try that tomorrow! Gunna try and pop down to sainsburys in a bit to pick up some scan bran or ryvita. I've never tried scan bran though, is it nicer than ryvita?

Really didn't like the oats and yogurt combo - don't know if it was because the oats had been sat in cupboard opened for months though (and it went out of date in May lol :eek:)

Many thanks!

wenchie

Silver Member
To be honest scan bran is not totally unlike trying to eat a beer mat, but it's fine with the jam and the fibre fills me up and does notably good things for my innards :D - you can only get it at class, at holland and barret or online though, rather than at the supermarket.

I think with the oats they do need a while to soften if you're not cooking them or they have a weird texture and don't taste of much; I tend to yogurt them overnight if I'm not cooking them and then add chopped apple, pear, grapes, etc in the morning.

To be honest scan bran is not totally unlike trying to eat a beer mat, but it's fine with the jam and the fibre fills me up and does notably good things for my innards :D - you can only get it at class, at holland and barret or online though, rather than at the supermarket.

I think with the oats they do need a while to soften if you're not cooking them or they have a weird texture and don't taste of much; I tend to yogurt them overnight if I'm not cooking them and then add chopped apple, pear, grapes, etc in the morning.
Lol - tasty! Oh well I'll just have to get some ryvita for now, will save the beer mats and jam for another day :D

Mmm that sounds nice - well ill get some fresh oats and try that!

I tasted some scan bran cake in class yesterday which was quite nice - I think it was made with a kitkat so about 1 syn a slice :)