Help with oats

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by amyd, 16 June 2011 Social URL.

1. amyd

amyd Member

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone can help me - I've been told to have different breakfasts to try and kick my body into losing some weight. So hunting around the kitchen just now to see what I have, and I discovered some oats.

So the book says that I can have 28g porridge oats and 1 oat/scan bran or 1 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread.

So I thought I could have this with natural yogurt and fruit (have never had it before - hope it's nice!)

But I only have the oats - so I'm wondering what to do? Do I have more oats or have maybe an alpen light bar with it? Or just have the 28g of oats and nothing else?

Just want to make sure that I do it right!

Many thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey,

the porridge itself doesn't contain enough fibre to be a HEx, which is why the scan bran/Ryvita is in there too, although you don't need to have them at the same time, just in the same day :D (I usually have porridge as a two course breakfast though - porridge, made with HExA milk - drink the balance - and a scan bran with a syn of jam; it's a lovely way to start the day and works well for my losses).

4. amyd

amyd Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Mmm..that sounds interesting. I might try that tomorrow! Gunna try and pop down to sainsburys in a bit to pick up some scan bran or ryvita. I've never tried scan bran though, is it nicer than ryvita?

Really didn't like the oats and yogurt combo - don't know if it was because the oats had been sat in cupboard opened for months though (and it went out of date in May lol :eek:)

Many thanks!

5. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    To be honest scan bran is not totally unlike trying to eat a beer mat, but it's fine with the jam and the fibre fills me up and does notably good things for my innards :D - you can only get it at class, at holland and barret or online though, rather than at the supermarket.

I think with the oats they do need a while to soften if you're not cooking them or they have a weird texture and don't taste of much; I tend to yogurt them overnight if I'm not cooking them and then add chopped apple, pear, grapes, etc in the morning.

6. amyd

amyd Member

Lol - tasty! Oh well I'll just have to get some ryvita for now, will save the beer mats and jam for another day :D

Mmm that sounds nice - well ill get some fresh oats and try that!

I tasted some scan bran cake in class yesterday which was quite nice - I think it was made with a kitkat so about 1 syn a slice :)

7. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I need to get my behind in gear and make the scan bran cake :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.