help with snacks needed

maz71

oh dearrrrrrrr :eek::eek::eek:
i seem to be having a major problem finding any snacks suitable for atkins on induction
i have been all over the supermarkets today and everything i have picked up seems to have sodium nitrate, dextrose etc or something or other that i am told you should steer clear from on atkins.
i have been looking at pork scratchings, pepperami's, mattersons smoked sausage...even chicken slices seem to have sugar added....does anybody have any ideas...coz without any snacks i dont think i could stick to it for long :(:(

I couldnt have started without scratchings. Check the carb content hun coz as you will find out these things are ok to eat. Be careful with the carbs in processed meats though

look for the carb content...

babybels
scratchings
pork crunch
cheese strings
peperami
snack meats - german salami's ham,
oopsie rolls
MIM's
1 egg omlette made with a splash of water and add cheese :D

there are loads hun you have to be creative ;)

after a few days you wont feel so hungry and therefore not need to snack x

so it doesnt matter if they have dextrose and stuff added as i thought we were supposed to steer clear of anything like that
the mr porkys scratchings i found were only 0.3 carbs per little packet, but they have dextrose and wheatflour in them, it was the same with pepperami's etc
what brand of scratchings do you guys buy?

excellent list MissyMustDoIt, going to make sure I have plenty of peperam's, babybels and cheese strings in! :)

always forget pork scratchings aswell -.-"

my fav are the pork crunch...i can eat them quick without them getting stuck in my teeth (at my dsk at work haha)

i dont look at ANYTHING other than carbs!

Me neither lol, it takes 3 hours to do a shop just looking at carbs :sigh:

Yes, just look for the carbs, I'd only worry about the other ingredients if you are stalling big time love.

Back