Green Days Help with vegetarian green days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettykins

Hi

Does anyone have any advice for green days? Snacks and meals? I'm on week 3 of going to class and so bored of fruit and yoghurts for snacks. And for meals I'm mainly having quorn bolognese with cheese/ pasta, pasta & sauce, or quorn burgers/ sausages with Sw chips.
I've done slimming world on and off for years and can't remember it being this hard before :(
I have ibs and if I let myself get hungry it's really painful, but I find myself not knowing what to have so either going hungry or going over syns
X

Do you have to do Green days? Are you vegetarian? There are lots of recipes on here that you might fancy. I do the Extra Easy plan and I never feel hungry.

I follow the green plan, it def works better for me.

I usually make soups, stews, curry, honey chilli, chilli con carne, stir fries, baked potatoes, chips, wedges, my own vegetable rice, curry flavoured cous cous with salad, stuffed aubergine, I love experimenting with food.

Snack wise I usually have fruit, hifi bars, hula hoop Pufts, low fat salted popcorn or sweetened quark with crushed meringue with chopped fruit :)

Can you get any recipe books in group to give you ideas?

I follow the green plan, it def works better for me. I usually make soups, stews, curry, honey chilli, chilli con carne, stir fries, baked potatoes, chips, wedges, my own vegetable rice, curry flavoured cous cous with salad, stuffed aubergine, I love experimenting with food. Snack wise I usually have fruit, hifi bars, hula hoop Pufts, low fat salted popcorn or sweetened quark with crushed meringue with chopped fruit :) Can you get any recipe books in group to give you ideas?

Thanks Samantha , I will look at getting some books from group
Next time i go. I haven't stayed to class much so far because it always takes too long, but will stay and ask the others next time . I don't think many people do green anymore :(

X

I follow the green plan, it def works better for me.

I usually make soups, stews, curry, honey chilli, chilli con carne, stir fries, baked potatoes, chips, wedges, my own vegetable rice, curry flavoured cous cous with salad, stuffed aubergine, I love experimenting with food.

Snack wise I usually have fruit, hifi bars, hula hoop Pufts, low fat salted popcorn or sweetened quark with crushed meringue with chopped fruit :)

Can you get any recipe books in group to give you ideas?

Im not a veggie, but they all sound lovely!
Especially the honey chilli and vegetable rice.
Could you maybe share some recipes one day? X

I'm not veggie but do lots of green days as I'm not a big meat eater. There are lots of recipes on here, try subbing to a few diaries to see what others eat, most meals can be made to be veggie just substitute the meat for quorn. There is no needs to get bored of meals. I snack on fruit as I enjoy it, you could snack on boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, or how about some sweet couscous with fruit in it, rice pudding. What did you eat in your pre SW days?

Yes, heres the recipe...

500ml Passata,
500ml Diet Club Orange (or Fanta)
Crumble in a vegetable stock cube
add your meat/quorn and veg

In a bowl mix 2 teaspoons of honey with chilli flakes and add 5 mins before dishing up.hchill.jpg

It really is lovely

The Rice is very simple, just boil rice in Schwartz Seasoning and add your vegetable. In this one, I bought the stir fry packs from Tescos, a little tray with chillies, baby corn etc and used Cajun Seasoning
FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4071.JPG

This is a vegetarian salted chilli I also made, it was definitely one of the best things I made. I stir fried tinned baby potatoes and my veg, added red onion, chillies, fresh ginger, garlic, black pepper, ceyenne pepper, cumin, schwartz spicy all seasoning and salt.

If you wanted you could add chicken, dip it in egg and coat using blended wholemeal breadcrumbs. My friend tried this and loved it, she also make a version using squid :eek:

Yes, heres the recipe...

500ml Passata,
500ml Diet Club Orange (or Fanta)
Crumble in a vegetable stock cube
add your meat/quorn and veg

In a bowl mix 2 teaspoons of honey with chilli flakes and add 5 mins before dishing up.View attachment 173156

It really is lovely

Oh bless your heart , thanks Samantha xx

Thanks , will definately be trying some of those out. I'm always on and off Sw to be honest, and when I'm not on plan I eat rubbish, just for the sake of it I think. Bit of a viscous cycle :(
X

Thanks , will definately be trying some of those out. I'm always on and off Sw to be honest, and when I'm not on plan I eat rubbish, just for the sake of it I think. Bit of a viscous cycle :( X

We've all been there, it's about breaking bad habits. I agree with Happy Holidays, there's slimming world alternatives for everything.

I lost most of my weight when I stopped rebelling against the diet and accepted it was a life change.

I love it and I love cooking. Start trying to enjoy what you can have instead of beating yourself up eating rubbish and feeling crap after. It is a viscous circle I agree but once you start switching to alternatives, and start feeling better it will all be worth it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back