Help!!! Zero motivation on SW

nadiekins

Hi everyone,
I am going into my 7th week of slimming world, yesterday was my weigh in and lost 2.5lbs I pigged out afterwards which I usually do and I go back to normal with SW the next day this never effects my weight loss thank god. Today I am in no humour to do SW I just want to eat and eat and eat I have absolutely zero motivation I'm hoping this is only short term. Can anyone give me any motivational words it would be greatly appreciated, thanks x x

(I have lost a stone 2 pounds so far)

have a look at some of the inspirational threads with before and after pics

do some planning and preparing your meals for the next week

update your ticker and stats so you get a clear view of where you're at

you are doing so fantastically well so far, whats stopping you from continuing?

come on, get back on the wagon and make a little goal for christmas :)

you can do it x

You have done so well so far - dont spoil yourself now missy!

I had lost 18lbs in the summer and 'fell of the wagon' and started again a couple of weeks ago and had put a stone on! As much as I am extra motivated now I feel like I have wasted so much time and am now having to undo the wrongs - its good that you have realised before you start putting weight on.

So.....If I was you what would I do!??

- Go to class and stay for the full class
- Pull out some recipe books and plan some really nice new dishes to spice up your diet
- Plan in some exercise / active activities
- Look at some of your photos from before you lost your weight
- Set a small goal (Christmas) and go for it
- Read the inspirational threads

Shake it off - you can do it :) x

In all honesty, I would stop the post-WI binge. You're probably craving rubbish now because you gave it to your body yesterday and now it wants more. Also, it may not be affecting your weight loss at the moment, but the more weight you lose, the more likely it is that it will affect you. WI night isn't just a black hole where everything you consume just disappears, it has to go somewhere, and quite often it can "catch up" with you the following week. There's no reason for you not to have a treat after WI, but Syn it. That way you stay in control, and will be less likely to feel this way afterwards.

Try and remotivate and get back on the wagon. Each day can be a new start. Go back to group next week whatever happens - sometimes it takes a gain to give your self a kick and get back on track. There will be days, weeks or even just brief moments like this all through the journey. The main thing is to keep coming back to the plan.

Well done on your great speedy loss so far and your stone award this week I think. I always have a wobble after an award as I feel like I have got there now and can relax. I dread to think what will happen at target.........

I've had a lot of problems in the past with motivation, which has led to me flitting from diet to diet. However, I recently discovered the 5:2 diet and it's completely changed my view of dieting. Because I have to count calories on only two days a week, I've been able to manage it painlessly and have lost weight steadily but not drastically. I've now bought a very useful little ebook for my Kindle - "The 5:2 Diet Made eZy" by Polly Fielding - weird title but a very helpful book that does all the calorie counting for me, has 24 sample menus and a calorie reference table at the back. For the first time in all my dieting years I've actually maintained motivation! I'm convinced that where dieting is concerned (as in all walks of life) motivation is everything. In other words, find a diet that inspires you to continue, which is what I've done. Good luck!

Just try sticking to it 100% for one week from next weigh in and see what results you get, you will hopefully find this the most motivating thing as you should see a good loss if you have been having a little binge after weigh in in the past. I do think the worst thing to do is binge or eat crap after a weigh in, i have never done it and i had a loss every week this year and just look at what i have lost.

I know its hard to stay focused sometimes but i find if you make bulk meals and always have something in the fridge (cooked chicken, muller lights, fruit, cheese scones(instant mash ones) anything you like) to grab if you feel hungry i find that can make a big difference.

Believe me if i can change my life around for the better and do this anyone can :)

Believe in yourself a bit more, you can do this! Just think about once you have achieved your target what a difference it will make to your life and others. Set small goals but have a big goal to. The last time i have eaten any crap which was months ago on a night out after drinking i had a small pizza and after about 3 bites i couldnt eat anymore as it was horrible or my body rejected it? i dunno something wasnt right and that was the last time i have let any rubbish enter my mouth haha.

I think there are that many awesome meals you can cook or do a version or something you love onSW its unreal rearly. Just look on here and you can see there are 100's of different things you can have so things should never get boring for you.

I love my spices so SW is perfect for me as you can use them syn free.

Just give it a go 100% for one week and you will see what true potential you have.

Motivation? You are really close to your Club 10 Award. When you hit 10% weightloss that's when people start noticing and regularly complimenting you. They will come thick and fast.

When I received my stone award I really struggled for the following week as although I was happy I was a bit dejected that I needed to lose a stone 4 more times to target. My head is back in the right place now as I know I want to be slimmer rather than eat. I have a SW binge after weighin. I always make a 'takeaway' such as melt in the middle burgers, kebab, curries etc. all served with SW chips. I really look forward to this as it feels naughty but still on plan. If I had a proper binge after weighin I would really struggle to get back on plan so maybe try and stop that and see how your body responds. You have done so well so far, keep going. The thought of summer skirts keeps me going.

I'm like you - I binge on my WI day but I go straight back on it the next day, this is because I never had motivation the last 2 weeks and kind of stayed on track but would have the off glass of wine and id have crisp and stuff like that and I put 5 pound on!! I was mortified and it was a kick up the back side! So I've looked back and thought WHY I want to lose weight maybe that will help? Xx

Just remember why you started at SW! There must be a reason why you started, and the goal you had in mind when you started off? If you leave SW chances are you will go back to the way you were - do you want that?

I think with the binge on WI - rather than just eat everything without limits, you should look into flexisynning. It allows you to set a target of syns for yourself for that day only, but you stay in control - so you might decide on 30 syns and you need to keep within that. This way you feel like you are still on plan and have no reason to fall off the wagon so to speak x

Back