HELP!!!!

katieo

It's day 4 for me and I feel really bad, I'm dizzy, nausious, have lots of painful trapped wind, freezing cold, extemely irritable and tearful.

Day 1 was ok for me apart from feeling a little sick, day 2 was starting to feel hungry and a little weak but was buzzing by the evening, day 3 felt like I had a hangover, was biting everyones head off, went to bed early andwoke up at around midnight with awful pains in my stomache(trapped wind I think) and was up until 4 in the morning with it.

Today the pain is still there but not as bad as last night. I knew it would be hard for the first few days but this is taking the p***!!!!:mad:

I can deal with being without food (just about) but I can't deal with feeling like this. Does it really get easier? if it does when should I start to feel better because at the moment I feel like a walking zombie.

X Katie

Katie it does get easier I promise, try and stick in there, I usually found that the day after a really bad day I felt ok. It will be worth it when you get on the scales for that 1st weigh in

Hi Katie, I hope you are feeling better!
I must be one of the lucky ones as
it is day 4 for me too but I have had no upsets or symptoms whatsoever, perhaps you are having caffeine withdrawal or something.
I was dreading day 3 as a lot of others said they felt so ill.
The only thing I am doing extra to the diet is adding a half teaspoon of psyllium husks to each shake or soup and have been 'going' regularly so perhaps you could try that,

Hope you are better soon :wave_cry:
Linda xx

Hi Katie- you will get better. Being cold means you are in ketosis, so that is a good thing- better dig out your woolly socks though cos that can go on for ages. But the other symptoms will go. The first few days I also had stomach pains- might have been carb withdrawal, not sure. But they did totally disappear after 4/5 days. And most people do get a headache, v much like a hangover, but I have had fewer headaches than normal as the diet has progressed. Stick in there hun you will be absolutely fine very soon- once you get through these testing few days you will find it all plain sailing!
Kx

Hi Katie...
Really sorry yo are feeling so bad... Sounds like you have hit the worse day.. I was just like you on day 3/4.. I was ready to give it up..
I am so glad I gave it another few days.. By day 6 I was on top of the world... My hubby thought I had taken something class A.... I woke up in the morning and pinged out of bed... Aparently when you start to make ketones it gives you a feeling of wellbeing aswell as keeping the hungry feeling away....
I really hope this happens to you soon and you can get on with getting slim...
Best advice is to drink and drink your water and I just went to bed early with my hot water bottle.....

Kindest regards....xxxxx

Forgot to say as well.. The first week on this is not just about getting into ketosis,, I thought of it as like a detox as well.. Before i was eating lots of fatty carb laden usually processed foods. I was drinking lots more caffine as well as red wine and going to ss is sort of like cold turkey...

Stick with it and soon you will come out the other side......xxxx

Hi
It really does get better - believe me. By day 6 I was up and at 'em as they say.
I still have the odd bad hour or so now (end of week three), but nothing like it was in the first week. Drink lots of water, cry and go to bed early.
L

I feel the same as you!!!!

Hi Katie

Sorry to hear that you're feeling bad, I'm feeling the same as you. It's day four for me aswell, and I'm also freezing cold, tired and my stomach is churning. But do you know what - I know it is gonna get better. It's probably my body getting rid of all the junk food, and that can only be a good thing!!! I think most people feel this way on day three and after that they feel great, so keep up the good work, you are doing really well because the beginning is the hardest, and tomorrow we both will probably feel fantastic!!!:bliss: yippee!!!!

Hi Katie,
Stick with it. I was lucky but did have a day of feeling really nauseous. Once it passes you will feel fantastic - full of energy and generally well !!!!
Stick with it. Try a nice warm soapy bath to warm you up and relax you - it might also help with the stomach pains. Please don't give up because then you'll never be able to start again as you'll be terrified!

:thankyou: for the support everyone, i am feeling much more positive now but still groggy.

perhaps you are having caffeine withdrawal or something.

Don't drink tea or coffee but I do normally like a few brandy's at the weekend so that might have something to do with it.

The only thing I am doing extra to the diet is adding a half teaspoon of psyllium husks to each shake or soup

I've never heard of that,would like to try it, is it available from pharmacies?

By day 6 I was on top of the world... My hubby thought I had taken something class A....

I can't wait!!!!:D

Before i was eating lots of fatty carb laden usually processed foods.

Me too, I've got a cheek to moan really!!!

Mandy

Lets hope tomorrow is better!!:hug99:

Please don't give up because then you'll never be able to start again as you'll be terrified!

I completely agree with you, was thinking of having a week off in june for my holiday but I wouldn't want to go through this again!! back to the drawing board on that one, maybe try one of the other plans when I go away.

What would i do without you lot eh?

It's funny cos this process reminds me a little bit of being in labour(obviously not as painful!!) because I really hate the way I'm feeling but I know I have no choice but to stick with it and I know I will get something special at the end of it!

X Katie

Hi KatieO - sorry you've felt so rotten today but believe me, it is well worth it once you're in ketosis - it feels brilliant!!!

You can get pysllium husks from Holland & Barrett, but you can also get Fibre 89 from your CDC which is just as good and approved by Cambridge!

Hang on in there, hun!

xxxxxxxx

Can't add anything.
the others have said it all.
i've been in ketosis for 10 weeks now & it's a good state,but i do wear socks & a jumper in bed.The cold is mainly a problem when i'm not active.
Baths are the best calorie free treat.

Will you please come back on here in a day or so to tell us how you're feeling.

Things have improved guys, I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there!

On minute I am happy and laughing the next minute I'm EXTREMLY upset and crying my eyes out.:cry:

I will be patient with this, only 2 more days til weigh in!!!

X Katie

so only 2 more days til you feel over the moon with your reward, & really energetic too.

Back