Help!!!!

m13shl

Hello everyone I too have taken the atkins plunge but feel I may be confused(not difficult lol). I noticed an earlier thread and the chap was concerned about his carb count and he counted carbs on his meet and eggs. I thought the basics for atkins were that meat ang eggs were "free" and fill up on these and count your fruit, veg etc ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks : )

Some meats have hidden carbs, like some cured bacon, sausages and burgers. I'd defo count the carbs into my daily intake, i only bother with eggs if i've had 3 or more in one day.

BTW a food is only "free" if it has no carbs in it! Unfortunately food manufactorers love to add lil nasties in, always check the labels.

Great advice from Zim.. I can only add that cheese/butter/cream is limited. And welcome. xx

yoghurts arent allowed until the next stage OWL x

I never bothered to count carbs in meat and eggs myself. It depends on how much you're eating I suppose.

Hello Jim I have been reading your story and omg well, well done you. You are certainly an inspiration and a mind full of knowledge. Thank you for sharing your story and helping us all along the way : )

I count carbs in eggs but I do tend to eat quite a lot of eggs. Other than that I only count meat if its processed in any way.

Jo

m13shl, wait until you've managed 50 posts and then you'll be able to see the photo's as well :D Thank You :)

I dont count eggs or meat either - unless its something like sausage.

Good job too as we had a bbq on sunday and I just had the hugest plate of meat followed by another plate of meat lol I love atkins!!!!

Back