Extra Easy Help!

NikkiT

I started SW 1 wk ago and finally think ive got my head aroynd it. I feel like I have been really good and feel positice that i can stick to this but, and its a BIG but, i havent lost a 1lb! The main conclusion is that I have just stopped the contraceptive injection which causes significant problems with weight and its been suggested that I may have to wait a month before seeing results. Has anyone else been through this? ?

Hiya I haven't been through this but I know when I was being trained as WW leader (long story) we was told that your weight loss may not show up until the following week. It's due to your body adjusting to a new eating regime and that sometimes our bodies work a week behind.

Id keep preserving. Hope that helps

The contraceptive injection is a weight gain magnet. I wouldn't worry that you aren't showing losses yet - chances are as the injection leaves your system things will speed up weightloss wise, but whatever you do, don't worry! You are already eating much healthier and taking great care of yourself. The weight loss will follow!

In the meantime, why not post a food diary in the appropriate part of the forum so we can make sure that you have the plan spot on? There can be other little contributing factors that can hinder losses - for example if you eat a lot of bananas that can often slow losses - yes they are superfree and no we don't calorie count but bananas do seem to be one of the things that it's best to keep to a minimum for some people.

MadameLaMinx said:
The contraceptive injection is a weight gain magnet. I wouldn't worry that you aren't showing losses yet - chances are as the injection leaves your system things will speed up weightloss wise, but whatever you do, don't worry! You are already eating much healthier and taking great care of yourself. The weight loss will follow!

In the meantime, why not post a food diary in the appropriate part of the forum so we can make sure that you have the plan spot on? There can be other little contributing factors that can hinder losses - for example if you eat a lot of bananas that can often slow losses - yes they are superfree and no we don't calorie count but bananas do seem to be one of the things that it's best to keep to a minimum for some people.

God i never realised about the bananas! Ive been having lots of them so ill definately cut down and see what happens. Im also going to be mindful of eating more superfree and less free and see if that helps x thanks for the tips x

Standing up for the much maligned bananas here - yes some people claim that when they eat a lot it can affect their losses but in reality we are talking 80 calories for a medium sized banana so eminently preferrable to scoffing a bar of chocolate and one or even two a day is not going to do you any harm. To say they they often affect losses is I think an overstatement as the majority of people around here seem to have no problem. That said variety is good, so for that reason alone I would encourage you to eat as many different fruits as possible rather than rely solely on bananas.

Circes said:
Standing up for the much maligned bananas here - yes some people claim that when they eat a lot it can affect their losses but in reality we are talking 80 calories for a medium sized banana so eminently preferrable to scoffing a bar of chocolate and one or even two a day is not going to do you any harm. To say they they often affect losses is I think an overstatement as the majority of people around here seem to have no problem. That said variety is good, so for that reason alone I would encourage you to eat as many different fruits as possible rather than rely solely on bananas.

Ha its all so confusing! Im not put off though! I think the best thing to do is the food diary and take it from there. Im really inspired by all the stories of weight loss and how knowledgable people have become from experience

Yes, one or two is fine, dont get me wrong, but a large banana is 145 calories so 4 or 5 of them a day could seriously tip the balance against you if you were under the impression that as a superfree they could be eaten in large quantities. There is a reason they are not classed as speed or superspeed foods and that is it. I never said she should cut out bananas. Like everything in SW they should be taken in moderation.

Back