Help! :(

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Kayemm, 15 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Kayemm

Kayemm Member

Just had a bit of a lapse and feel really disappointed in myself :( have done so well for 11 days, much better than I have on any diet before but just felt starving all of a sudden and ate sweets and crisps! Also going out for a meal for my husbands bday tomorrow so that won't help. Has anyone else had a lapse and did it really ruin your weight loss for the week? I'm worried that now I've lapsed I'll feel like giving up (not much willpower!). I wonder if a day off will get my motivation back or if I will permanently fall off the wagon :( x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kayemm

Kayemm Member

Thanks Hun, know you're right, just needs someone else to say it sometimes! Would like to know how others deal with lapses too....

rowanx2 likes this.
  4. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I lost 70lb with tons and tons of lapses and cheats - you've just got to keep going forward. My motto was 2 steps forward and one step back still gets you to goal. As long as you still keep taking those 2 steps forward you'll get there. No one is perfect. xx

5. Kayemm

Kayemm Member

Thanks rowan, that's good to know :) and 70lbs wow! You're right about the steps forward, just need to remember that x

6. emz.is.shrinkin

emz.is.shrinkin on the shrink.!!

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey Hun hope ur feeling better about it now. It's only natural to have a blip. I have never ever come across anyone who had got to goal without a lapse.

Think of it this way....if u weren't currently dieting and eating like that everyday you would be a lot worse off than u are now. I have a lot of friends who be good six days and purposely have a 'bad' day and they find it actually keeps them on track. Okay so the losses are a tad slower but Rome wasn't built in a day lol.

So please dont let it get u down and enjoy ur meal out 2moro xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

7. Kayemm

Kayemm Member

Thanks emz, just annoyed as was feeling so smug with myself for doing so well lol. But I know it's best to just get back on it, I've normally given up at this point! How are you doing on rc, when do you go up to 1400 cals? X

8. emz.is.shrinkin

emz.is.shrinkin on the shrink.!!

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm getting on grand luvvie thanks. Glad ur feeling a bit more positive. I go up to 1400 on wed. Can't wait. Have nearly starved myself all day today so I can have a chinese tonight..lol. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

9. Kayemm

Kayemm Member

Nice one, well done :) I'm having a Chinese too, woo hoo! If only I could have a bottle of wine with it too! Xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.