Help!

Charli2019

I wonder if anyone can help me.. I've been doing a food diary on here for the past week and I've weighed in tonight and put on half a pound. So angry! I can't see where I've got wrong so was wondering if anyone could take a look at it and shed any light on what I'm missing or having too much of etc!
I feel like giving up because this is the 2nd week in a row that I've gained a pound and the week before was a sts. I feel like I've been really good as upped my exercise and water intake too.
Please help!!

Hi

I had a quick look and it looked ok to me but I'm new too.

I put on last week and a lot of people said it was due to my"star week" (I'd never heard that term before coming on here!). Anyway, I list the following week so it all balances out.

Personally, I've been avoiding choosing bread as my HEB as I don't think it helps. I have cereal instead :)

Keep at it. It does work :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lsf666 said:
Hi

I had a quick look and it looked ok to me but I'm new too.

I put on last week and a lot of people said it was due to my"star week" (I'd never heard that term before coming on here!). Anyway, I list the following week so it all balances out.

Personally, I've been avoiding choosing bread as my HEB as I don't think it helps. I have cereal instead :)

Keep at it. It does work :)

Lost not list!

Thanks for your comment, I did wonder about bread, think I may swap my toast for weetabix for this coming week and see if it makes a difference.
It's my "star week" too, so I suppose that doesn't help the situation either!
Just need to remember that it worked for me before so it will do again.

So frustrating to put on weight isn't it! :(

I had a peek at your food diary, a few things I noticed (time for the interrogation, lol): is your bread from a 400g loaf? is your philli Philly Light, as (I might be wrong) I think that's the only one that's a HEA on EE? are you weighing it?

Also are you eating enough, especially if you're exercising? A few meals looked a little bit light to me (the babybel lunch) although I am also sometimes guilty of combining breakfast and lunch at the weekend. ;) And are you having 1/3 superfree (which is fruit and non-starchy veg, don't think mushy peas count although I don't like them so not 100% sure!)? Some people swear by mixing up their healthy extras and it sounds like you're already thinking about that. :)

Good luck for this week! Star week can make a difference so hopefully you'll have a good loss at your next weigh-in! :)

Your diary looks ok to me, but as Plumfoodie says, are you eating enough? Compared to the amount I shovel down some days you don't look to be eating very much, but then again I am a piggy:D

Also, if this is your first week back on plan, try not to be too disheartened with a gain - it sometimes takes a week or so for your body to get used to the change in diet again and you may well begin to see losses in your second week, especially if you don't have too much to lose. That's what I worked out from going to group anyway!

Keep up the good work and see how you go next week:)
xx

Thanks both for your feedback!

Ye the philli is the light one and it's from the little tubs and I was using 1.5tubs so well within the limit. And no the bread wasn't from a 400g loaf but was leaving a little bit of each slice in the hope it was even out to the right amount! Probably cheating myself out of a good loss there come to think of it.

I've been back on plan for a couple of weeks but without doing a diary so this was my first week being what i thought was strict!

I feel like I'm eating enough because I don't feel hungry at any point. The light lunch was because I got up really late so had brekky at lunch time so just had something quick in afternoon to feel like I was having something!

Im hoping it's the fact I've had too much bread, not enough variety and star week all combined! I've decided today is a new day so will start again with a fresh outlook on things and hope for a good loss next week.

I think 1 slice from a large loaf is supposed to be equivalent to 2 from a small one so as you say that could well be the culprit! You can weigh it out, you can have 57g of wholemeal bread. Best of luck for the upcoming week, sounds like you've got a positive attitude about it. :)

It may be water retention if you have just started exercising. Your muscles will retain water to protect themselves for the first couple of weeks.

I'm sure the weight will come off now you've been exercising a little while and won't retain so much water.

Denise

Hi, ok time for what might seem a dumb question, but what is a "star week".....xx

traymanda said:
Hi, ok time for what might seem a dumb question, but what is a "star week".....xx

Hi,
I wondered the same thing when I started is when us women are on our monthly's. :)

Ahh that's interesting to know about the water retention, I hope that has something to do with the gain too.

Thanks everyone for your support, this forum is fab for morale! X

Circes said:
Lord I hate that term!! Always have - hate being patronised and treated like a 2-year old :sigh:

Yeah. I didn't get it either but thought maybe you're not supposed to say "period" on here??? So I used it too! I'm a sheep!

I don't know if this is urban legend, but I read that it got this shorthand name from the old days when SW consultants would put a * next to your weight if your period was due and you'd had a bit of a blip? As opposed to 'your twinkly star week where your body is preparing to do its very special womanly things'. ;-)

lsf666 said:
Yeah. I didn't get it either but thought maybe you're not supposed to say "period" on here??? So I used it too! I'm a sheep!

I think its more that some people (including myself) would much rather not declare in front of the whole wide world when theyre on!! I am even far too ashamed to admit it is star week in class. There are just somethings i dont believe in sharing!

Need a bit of advice about this.. I emailed my food diary to my C on weds eve after weigh in as she asked me to after my gain.
However she still hasn't got bak to me!! I text her on sat as was worried I had wrong email address or something but she didn't even bother to get back to me via text altho I know I have the right number as spoke to her on the number just a couple of weeks ago back.
I feel like I'm paying every week for the support of the C but I'm getting absolutely nothing out of it.
Am I right to be a bit peed off by this?!

Need a bit of advice about this.. I emailed my food diary to my C on weds eve after weigh in as she asked me to after my gain.
However she still hasn't got bak to me!! I text her on sat as was worried I had wrong email address or something but she didn't even bother to get back to me via text altho I know I have the right number as spoke to her on the number just a couple of weeks ago back.
I feel like I'm paying every week for the support of the C but I'm getting absolutely nothing out of it.
Am I right to be a bit peed off by this?!

I do think she should have got back to you by now, my consultant always gets back straight away but everyone is different I guess. I would maybe ring her today if she doesn't reply, there might be a good explanation like illness etc but if consultants give out their mobile number you would like to think they are going to reply to messages!

I think consultants have a phone specifically for SW so it's possible it's switched off. Some of them tend to have a specific day/time when they deal with things SW related so maybe she just turns it on once a week for that? Just a guess and I agree it's perhaps a bit rubbish :( I think I've only ever texted my consultant once and they never replied. Not a lot of 'consultancy' occurring eh?

Back