Help!

peach pip

Nothing but Fuzz!
Hi guys I know I'm late here but do you think I would be ok having 3 Atkins bars tomorrow instead of my shakes as I've run out and can't get to the chemist til Wednesday :( ohhhh help I don't know what to do xx

:) Hi chick, If you really cant get to the chemist, then you don`t have a lot of choice really.... Or maybe some protein? Chicken or tuna maybe.... Sorry I`m not much help am I darl..... Hope you`ll be alright.... Hugs xxx

Louloubellehoney said:
:) Hi chick, If you really cant get to the chemist, then you don`t have a lot of choice really.... Or maybe some protein? Chicken or tuna maybe.... Sorry I`m not much help am I darl..... Hope you`ll be alright.... Hugs xxx

Thanks hun really don't know what to do :( its works fault! I've ended up working my days off :( xx

Ive always kept a stash of the tesco meal replacement bars for when I have been stuck work wise. Won't do you any harm if a one off. Xx

Last edited:
Hope not hun in really struggling thinking of what to do :( would it do me any harm if I had nothing? X

Hi Peach Pip,
Don't want to write too much about food, since this is technically the 100% forum...

Don't go with slim-fast, as they contain sugar and will likely knock you out of ketosis. Just protein may keep you in ketosis, but you'll not necessarily be getting enough nutrients. I think you were probably right to consider the bars as being the best alternative.

Best of luck,
Mx

Shinypurple said:
Hi Peach Pip,
Don't want to write too much about food, since this is technically the 100% forum...

Don't go with slim-fast, as they contain sugar and will likely knock you out of ketosis. Just protein may keep you in ketosis, but you'll not necessarily be getting enough nutrients. I think you were probably right to consider the bars as being the best alternative.

Best of luck,
Mx

Good point about slim fast. Bad advice there (sorry). Bars sound best option. You'll be fine. Xx

Yeah the atkins bar should be fine hun... i've had them on the odd occasion!!! And they didnt effect my ketosis!!! Just make sure you up your water!!! xxx

Can you phone the chemist and explain - maybe they will help you? Here in Wales we live a different kind a life, I would just have to phone up the chemist and they would give some to Auntie or Uncle or whoever and they would push them through the letter box for me!! Once I sent a postcard to my friend 1/2 mile away from my mum and the postman knocked on my mums door to let her know I had sent a card to a friend and not to worry that I was enjoying my holiday! give them a ring and try?

hey everyone today has been fine had those atkins bars and will be going to the chemist tomorrow first thing.... thanks everyone for your help i feel so bad though like ive really cheated :( xxx

Can you phone the chemist and explain - maybe they will help you? Here in Wales we live a different kind a life, I would just have to phone up the chemist and they would give some to Auntie or Uncle or whoever and they would push them through the letter box for me!! Once I sent a postcard to my friend 1/2 mile away from my mum and the postman knocked on my mums door to let her know I had sent a card to a friend and not to worry that I was enjoying my holiday! give them a ring and try?

i love that hun! its similar here in my village but i work quite a way away so it would have been very late tonight when i got them anyway xxx

Yeah the atkins bar should be fine hun... i've had them on the odd occasion!!! And they didnt effect my ketosis!!! Just make sure you up your water!!! xxx

thanks hun i have done ive had about 4ltrs so far, will that be enough if i have another one ltr xx

Hi Peach, sorry bit late to support you with your dilemma! You're right to have the bars as you might get unwanted cravings for evil stuff if you just went without any nutrition. Bummer that work is affecting things for you but Atkins is all about high protein isn't it? So the bars are probably similar in content to the LT shakes. Your ketosis should remain intact!! Hope weigh-in goes well for you today hun xx

x S

Glad you got through what would have been a stressful situation ... you did the right thing having the bars and hope you have managed to get to the chemist now :) good luck for weigh in xx

yay! all is well girls lost 7Lbs thank you all very much for your support, i needed it! at least i know now that if im ever in the same situation i have another option for that day :) xx

Back