Help!

Hi i am currently on Day 6 and going well so far! I did Cambridge a few years ago and lost 4 stone but had to stop , as I could no longer afford it , without losing the last couple of stone. Am now back to do that and so far so good EXCEPT am freezing cold which I don't remember from before and the other thing is my mouth feels like its got a yucky coating all the time which again I don't remember. Any ideas ?

I've been exactly the same - I think the freezing coldness is just your body getting used to it. Did you do it in the winter last time? It may be that it's just more obvious now it's cold outside.

Last time I did it September till February. My partner says he remembers me being cold all the time but I don't! Oh well , will put another jumper on ! Good luck to u x

Both normal - the yucky mouth feeling is ketosis (it gets better, promise!) and freezing cold is the lack of calories. Fun, isn't it? :D I'm wearing thick woolly socks and slipper boots and I'm bundled up in my thickest cardigan.

Try a hot bath or shower and then get wrapped up warm!

can totally empathise with the coldness and the icky mouth - for the past day ive had a chalky/powdering feeling in my mouth i thought it was just the food packs (im on ss) but tested today and looks like ketosis has arrived in all its glory lol x
btw thats a fab weight loss :D

Thanks guys... I keep cleaning my teeth to try and get rid if it.. It's not exactly a taste in my mouth , more like a furry greasy coating! Not nice at all. Had a really hot bath and got straight in bed with the electric blanket on ready to watch Take Me Out later, feel like an old lady lol!

Well done!!!

It does get easier the longer you do it just a case of breaking the habit of eating and resisting temptation but the results are amazing and so worth it

X

It starts to even out from week 3 x

Not sure where to post this! Am doing SS but have a meal out tomorrow night where I have to eat ! It's an Indian restaurant and i won't be having any poppadoms naan bread rice of potatoes, oh or any alcohol, but what would be the best options for main course? I'm veggie by the way. Really don't want to do too much damage!

I think you should avoid the meal, your in ketosis and If you come out getting back in will suck. Ss is a big commitment and your friends and family should support you in that journey. :)

Can you take along a Tetra and have that? I'm sure your friends will understand if you explain about ketosis.

If you have to eat then order a starter size portion of chicken tikka (grilled, no sauce) and just have that and some lettace from the side salad.

You're very brave going inside an indian restaurant! Even the smell when I walk past is soooo tempting....

good luck and enjoy your evening

x

Hey hun didn't realise you were veggie - sorry! very insensitive of me.

I think that provided you dont have any carbs you shouldn't get out of ketosis - the more experienced members of the forum may correct me on this!

If I was you I would take a Tetra along and aim to have that. If its unavoidable to have food, you could order some veggies to have as a main course. Some sag (spinach) brinjal (auberjine), bhindi (okra) and gobi (cauliflower) should also be ok. I'd just get a side portion though.

Don't stress about it - if you do decide to slip its only one meal and you can use it to strengthen your resolve to stick to 100% over the next week!

I appreciate that others may disagree and advise you to skip the meal althogether - I'm a very new starter to CD so please feel free to ignore my advice!

Back