Extra Easy Help

Caburygurl

Hi my name is sarah I joined slim world bout four weeks ago. The first week I did not go, the second week I indulged in alot of syn food and stayed the same . The 3rd and fourth week I did not attend because I did not follow. Am 14 st 2lb . I want to be 10 to 11 stones but am finding it hard as I love sweet stuff

Hi Hun, if you really wanna lose the weight then you're going to have to go for it and get some willpower.

Plan plan plan is the best thing you can do. Write down all your meals in advance and stick to it! Bring lunches to work, and get in low syn snacks, so if you're craving something sweet then there's something there that's lower in syns for you to have.

And finally... You've got to go and get weighed. Even if you've been bad and don't want to, you've got to get weighed. It's a great way to focus your brain on what you need to do next week.

Good luck!

Theres plenty of healthy sweet stuff out there. Try grapes for example, or mango, or some melon to try & satisfy cravings.

I recommend you start over. Get a new starting weight & GO TO GROUP. Until you commit to it there's no help we or anyone else can offer that will be of any use. You need to help yourself first hun x

Debsie_websie said:
Hi Hun, if you really wanna lose the weight then you're going to have to go for it and get some willpower.

Plan plan plan is the best thing you can do. Write down all your meals in advance and stick to it! Bring lunches to work, and get in low syn snacks, so if you're craving something sweet then there's something there that's lower in syns for you to have.

And finally... You've got to go and get weighed. Even if you've been bad and don't want to, you've got to get weighed. It's a great way to focus your brain on what you need to do next week.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the advice, kind of nervous to return to the group wonder what they will say

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kingleds said:
Theres plenty of healthy sweet stuff out there. Try grapes for example, or mango, or some melon to try & satisfy cravings.

I recommend you start over. Get a new starting weight & GO TO GROUP. Until you commit to it there's no help we or anyone else can offer that will be of any use. You need to help yourself first hun x

Totally agree with you am going to be strong as I am addicted to alot of junk food

Thank you so much for the advice, kind of nervous to return to the group wonder what they will say

Believe me, no one will say anything bad about it. We have a lady who has restarted on 3 occassions now & all she gets when she walks sheepishly in is a cheer cos we are so happy she's trying again.

I have a REALLY bad sweet tooth and I discovered through a fellow SW girl that Microwaved Pink and Whites, are to die for. I microwave them for 12 seconds and they go all gooey and extra sweet and chewy. Their 2 1/2 syns and feel like your being really naughty, and these have been a lifesaver for me. I always save some syns to have one or two, and sometimes even three!. But ti stops me going off the deep end. Also frozen curly whirlys last longer. Also treat packs of cadburys buttons, sucking them. I incorporate a treat into my day, every day, because I know I wouldn't cope if I didn't. I am a recovering Binge eater. Check out my video diarys, I have a video about chocolate cravings and all sorts of other things that might help you stay motivated.

Caburygurl said:

I joined sw in April last year (not my first time but it was a diff group). I lost a stone then put all that back on and an extra 4lbs. All of this while still going to group. My C was really supportive even though I was gaining most weeks and only losing 1lb on weeks I did lose.

When I decided to get back on track I had a long hard talk to myself, spoke to my C about it and sorted my head out. I started off slowly and my C suggested I do a 'for and against' list and decide whether losing weight is right for me at this point in my life.
Since that week (3 weeks ago) I have lost 6.5lbs and am at least below my starting point from April last year. I decided when I did my for and against to adopt 'no more excuses' as my new mantra - the against part of my list was full of reasons like 'uni/work getting in the way' 'going out with the OH' 'I miss binging on chocolate' etc. I'm now into my fourth perfect week and loving it. I started doing weekly syns which helps me but I know it doesn't work for everyone.

It's weird because before I started SW I was addicted to mayo. I would have it with every single meal, I would never have thought I would be able to give it up but I've put my mind to it and I've practically got rid of the cravings. However now I have a sweet tooth and can't go without my 2 finger kit kat every day (synned obv.)- it is all about moderation and a little discipline.

vivahate said:
It's weird because before I started SW I was addicted to mayo. I would have it with every single meal, I would never have thought I would be able to give it up but I've put my mind to it and I've practically got rid of the cravings. However now I have a sweet tooth and can't go without my 2 finger kit kat every day (synned obv.)- it is all about moderation and a little discipline.

Totally agree with you hun. Need to be disciplined

Why don't you try setting yourself a mini target (or a series of) to keep you on track??

Do you have a party or occasion that you need to get dressed up, maybe somewhere you need a special outfit for that you can pick out and decide "I'll buy that when I'm a size... or when I've lost 'x' amount of weight". Or maybe a holiday? Or even just a big night out? Unfortunately you are the only person who can make this work.

I'm getting married in Aug and have bought my dress 3 sizes too small. If it doesn't fit I won't be able to afford another, so I have no choice but to make it fit!

You can have 20 of the Twirl bites for all of your 15 daily syn allowence. I figured that out today after a major choc craving. You can do it though.
I was eating choclate and cakes all the time but I've had chocolate twice since last weds and no cakes. I'm doing ok. I just have other things to combat the sweet craving I get after meals. I have mango and melon with a vanilla muller light on top and that does the trick. Having the occasional choc, synned of course, is not going to affect the plan. It keeps you sane. And because I don't feel deprived, I don't binge on them. I also find that cause I can eat till I'm full and still lose weight, I sometimes don't want anything else.
Fill up on fruit and vegetables. I haven't had a single ready meal in 2 weeks and I'm cooking (who;d have thought) and eating veg or fruit at every meal now. Was lucky if I had any each day.
Take stock and start again with new ideas and new focus. Planning your meals does help, it stops you being indecisive and reaching for the wrong foods.
Hope you have a rethink but whatever you decide. Good luck :D

I was having major chocolate cravings
Last week (*week) so much so I got dressed and drove to sainsburys (on a Sunday) and stood in the freezer isle checking syn values of all variations of ben and jerry's. 20minutes later I walked p
Out with meringue nests, nutella, strawberries, total 0% yoghurt and bananas. I made....

Crumbled meringue nest (2.5)
Chopped strawberries
Banana
Topped with total yoghurt
Tbsp nutella melted in microwave for 1min drizzled on top (4)

It was so choclatey it actually made me feel abit sick haha so when I've had it since I didn't include the meringue so down from only 7.5 syns to just 4! And I kinda think including free foods when having syns helps weight loss.

So don't lose hope, just adapt things that are low Syn into a similar version of what you may have previously had, for example freeze a strawberry muller light (free) and drizzle melted nutella on top.

Hope that might help a little

JezVonSavage said:
Why don't you try setting yourself a mini target (or a series of) to keep you on track??

Do you have a party or occasion that you need to get dressed up, maybe somewhere you need a special outfit for that you can pick out and decide "I'll buy that when I'm a size... or when I've lost 'x' amount of weight". Or maybe a holiday? Or even just a big night out? Unfortunately you are the only person who can make this work.

I'm getting married in Aug and have bought my dress 3 sizes too small. If it doesn't fit I won't be able to afford another, so I have no choice but to make it fit!

Wow that's good, I know you will fit into that dress Hun. I really want to be a size 10-12. Guess if you want it bad you have to be focused

Halebob said:
You can have 20 of the Twirl bites for all of your 15 daily syn allowence. I figured that out today after a major choc craving. You can do it though.
I was eating choclate and cakes all the time but I've had chocolate twice since last weds and no cakes. I'm doing ok. I just have other things to combat the sweet craving I get after meals. I have mango and melon with a vanilla muller light on top and that does the trick. Having the occasional choc, synned of course, is not going to affect the plan. It keeps you sane. And because I don't feel deprived, I don't binge on them. I also find that cause I can eat till I'm full and still lose weight, I sometimes don't want anything else.
Fill up on fruit and vegetables. I haven't had a single ready meal in 2 weeks and I'm cooking (who;d have thought) and eating veg or fruit at every meal now. Was lucky if I had any each day.
Take stock and start again with new ideas and new focus. Planning your meals does help, it stops you being indecisive and reaching for the wrong foods.
Hope you have a rethink but whatever you decide. Good luck :D

Thanks for the advice halebob , I think I will opt on sweet fruit. If you don't mind how much have you lost so far

shaddon said:
I was having major chocolate cravings
Last week (*week) so much so I got dressed and drove to sainsburys (on a Sunday) and stood in the freezer isle checking syn values of all variations of ben and jerry's. 20minutes later I walked p
Out with meringue nests, nutella, strawberries, total 0% yoghurt and bananas. I made....

Crumbled meringue nest (2.5)
Chopped strawberries
Banana
Topped with total yoghurt
Tbsp nutella melted in microwave for 1min drizzled on top (4)

It was so choclatey it actually made me feel abit sick haha so when I've had it since I didn't include the meringue so down from only 7.5 syns to just 4! And I kinda think including free foods when having syns helps weight loss.

So don't lose hope, just adapt things that are low Syn into a similar version of what you may have previously had, for example freeze a strawberry muller light (free) and drizzle melted nutella on top.

Hope that might help a little

@ shaddon, that sounds yummy thanks for the tips am going to try it lol

Back