Attack Help

Sarah2439

I started the Dukan diet on Wednesday, weighing in at 12st 5 3/4lb.

I followed the attack part of the diet to the T, and weighing myself this morning I found that I had lost 2 3/4 lbs, in four days.

Not feeling as though I have done as well as most in this phase, this evening I thought whats the point and binged. I had a bottle of champers that was in the fridge as treat for passing a recent exam, half a chocolate easter egg and 2 packets of crisps. Now I feel guilty and really want to get back on track.

Question. Should I re-start my attack phase as I have undone all my good work, should I start tomorrow where I left off with my last attack phase day, or should I just start on the cruise phase.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear you've had a set back. Advice seems to be to plough on where you left off. Please don't compare your weight loss to others. I know its a temptation for all of us but everybody's body is different and some like to hold onto that water weight longer than others. Have you starting on Dukan straight from another diet? How many attack days were you planning?

Do you realise how much 2.75lbs is in 4 days? Its a lot of weight and certainly shouldn't be making you have whats the point feelings. Can you remove all temptation in the form of food you shouldn't be eating? You should probably think of a strategy as to what you will do if you feel like this again, go for a run maybe :D

You really need to get your head around the fact that you need to follow Dukan religiously otherwise every time you eat carbs and fat you'll take a step back and your body won't know where it is. Have you read the book?

The only other thing I notice is you don't have a huge amount to lose so its bound to be slower, the slower it comes off the more its likely to stay off :).

Apologies if I sound a bit bossy :)

Sarah have you started a diary? It helps if you haven't and write what you eat down so the Dukaneers can see what you ate and advise best of luck x

Thanks for your help guys.

ZAKCAT, I feel like 2 stone 5 lb is a huge amount to lose, but in relation to most it probably isnt much. I put on the weight over the past two years and I'm fed up and want it gone now. I think I felt as though 2.75lbs wasnt alot because most have been losing 5-7lbs on attack and I couldnt work out why in four days I hadn't lost a similar amount, what you said about not having a huge amount to lose makes sense.

I cant remove all the temptation food because of kids, however I have it safely in their treat cupboard so its out of sight out of mind!! Up to last night I followed the plan religiously and to the T, and I havent found it difficult to be honest, I just got myself in a negative mind set.

I drank three pints of water before bed last night and when I got up this morning I was 1/2lb heavier. Had a long walk around the beach this morning and I've spent that last few hours cleaning and hoovering, hopefully I wont have set myself back that far.

Todays my last attack day of 5, and I cant wait to start eating veg tomorrow, I'm already stocked up on the essentials for cooking. For today however I am back on it this morning with Oat Bran porridge made with skimmed milk, and an egg white omlette, Steak and garlic yogurt for lunch and probably turkey rashers with ham and cottage cheese this evening.

I really appreciate your help

I've only lost about that - 1.1kgs in 4 days of attack and Ive stuck too - but my view is its going in the right direction. Stick at it, you will lose. Dukan does work but sometimes you will stick and then have a big weight loss when you are not expecting it. good luck, keep posting esp your menu.... and step away from the fridge. The answers are on here not in there!!

Sarah

I really feel for you with having to have other food not related to Dukan in the house, it must be a real temptation when your head isn't in the right place. I don't even have that excuse and have often been so tempted to just go out and buy something to stuff in my silly fat face :D. I think we all fail on diets because if the negative thinking rather than hunger etc.

What I've tried to do with Dukan is have a list of activities to distract me when i feel like that. I told myself this is the last diet I will ever do so its important to not fall off the cliff. Its just things like tidy out a drawer, have a nice bath etc but its worked so far.

This place is great if you're struggling as well.

Keep the GOOD weight loss up!

Sam

I lost 4 in attack (most Id ever lost on any diet) and first week of cruise 1. I was disappointed but kept on going and now I'm 56lbs lighter - it's not easy as any other diet but the end goal is definately within reach ............ as Dr Dukan says this phase is all about 'Perseverance'. Never compare your weight loss with anybody else's we are all different and lose weight and put on weight at different rates.

Any questions post on here, the more dukan research you can do the better - look forward to reading your weight losses over the coming weeks :)

Back