Help!

davytah

Today has been a really bad day for me( well this week really) I'm finding it harder to stick to the diet without feeling like im depriving myself of the things I like. I am trying so hard during the day and I'm sticking to it but come relaxing time I can feel the pangs of either hunger or craving sweet things. Today I have caved, I have bought a bag of tesco double chic chip cookies and I'm on my 3rd. I know that it's gonna reflect on weigh in... Which is tomorrow... But to tell the truth the way I'm feeling now I just don't care... I'm still doing my exercise and I'm loving it but I'm just so peed off with watching what has syns and what doesn't. Maybe I'll feel different in the morning... I don't know. Rant over night all :-(

Sorry to hear you're feeling deprived :(

I haven't got to that stage, so hopefully someone with experience can chime in. But...for a chocolate/biscuit fix, have you tried Mikado's? They're half a syn each from memory, and they satisfy biscuit cravings and chocolate cravings for me and my friend who are both doing SW. That might be worth a try, as you can get a pack of those in most pound shops, and have 30 and still be within your syns.

Only other thing I will say is that tomorrow is a new day. Draw a line under today and start again tomorrow. Hopefully if you stay for image therapy tomorrow and tell your group how you're feeling, you may come out with renewed motivation!

Good luck!

I think you should have a few cookies and then ( at the risk of feeling guilty for wasting food) crumble the rest up and put them in the bin.

Or...have what you want and draw a line under that day and start anew. Remember you don't NEED those things...you just want them. However, whats important in life is being happy so think about your options and do what going to make you happiest.

If you have a cookie or two today and don't stress and start fresh the next day (just make sure you do, or you risk having a long 'time off') I think that wouldn't hurt. After all, stress can impair weight loss by a whole HEAP.

Listen to your body and your brain....take a few moments out deciding what would be your best choice and what your body DESERVES. Look at yourself like a goddess and only give yourself the best options! Instead of looking at it as depriving yourself...looking at it as 'worshipping' yourself by not giving your precious body all those icky foods.

Just some positive ways of looking at stuff. Hope this helps :)

davytah said:
Today has been a really bad day for me( well this week really) I'm finding it harder to stick to the diet without feeling like im depriving myself of the things I like. I am trying so hard during the day and I'm sticking to it but come relaxing time I can feel the pangs of either hunger or craving sweet things. Today I have caved, I have bought a bag of tesco double chic chip cookies and I'm on my 3rd. I know that it's gonna reflect on weigh in... Which is tomorrow... But to tell the truth the way I'm feeling now I just don't care... I'm still doing my exercise and I'm loving it but I'm just so peed off with watching what has syns and what doesn't. Maybe I'll feel different in the morning... I don't know. Rant over night all :-(

I get the exact same way sometimes, If I crave it I have it, start a fresh tomorrow! Best of luck

If the cookies are the only time uve been bad this week they wont make a difference to wiegh in today it would be to soon to have an impact and also if it is the only time this week uve used more syns than allowed then u could felxi syn them even if u ate most of the pack prob wont make a difference so instead of beatin urself up pick urself up an carry on u will be fine we all deserve a lil treat now and again:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Ack I've just had a real bad crappy week, wasn't just the cookies last night. But new day new start as they say. Back on it today weigh in before work, just hope I havent gain too much back this week. :-/

It sounds to me like you are falling into the trap of making yourself feel guilty for something you enjoy and this is leading to a cycle of eat something, feel bad, eat more of it because I feel bad etc etc.

If you really want something, have it. Don't beat yourself up. If you give yourself permission to have something you are much more likely to stop at that one thing and then move on. I wanted a pizza on Saturday so instead of working myself up into a massive knot of guilt and worry I had it, I enjoyed it, and then I moved on. I stuck to plan for the rest of the week and had a good loss.

Guilty feelings often lead to binges which just makes us feel even more guilty. So today stop feeling guilty that you had cookies and some other treats, say to yourself "I really enjoyed those treats last night, it was a good decision to have them as now I am ready to commit to the plan for the rest of the week."

2lb on..... I know I've been to the gym and have been doing bootcamp and been on my walks but I doubt that the 2lb is made up with water retention... Partially yes but not it all... Not gonna deter from this though so it's back to the grindstone today and I am determined that nothing is gonna stop me from my plan... Thanks for the advise.

2lb on..... I know I've been to the gym and have been doing bootcamp and been on my walks but I doubt that the 2lb is made up with water retention... Partially yes but not it all... Not gonna deter from this though so it's back to the grindstone today and I am determined that nothing is gonna stop me from my plan... Thanks for the advise.

Glad you are feeling more positive! These little blips happen from time to time, aslong as it doesn't chuck you off the wagon completely that's the main thing. Well done you xx

Glad you're feeling more positive today, and are back on plan. Try to remember that we all have off days - after all, we're only human!

Keep going, you are doing great!

try not to think of it as a diet more of an eating plan, trying to alter your mind set might help more than you think x

I was going to post that! Its not a diet, its a healthy eating plan sustainable for life! Healthy eating in a structured enjoyable way! Enjoy :)

There's nothing wrong with having a cookie! I love them when they are soft and chewy you just have to allocate the syns to them and then you don't feel guilty! That's what syns are there for to teach us that yes we can have these lovely treats but we are learning via our 15 syns a day about portion control!

I used to fall into that trap of oh I've had one I've ruined it now but it's not true! One is well within your syns so enjoy it savour it and have another one tomorrow!

X x x

Back