HELP!!

Clairexo123

Hi Everyone!!

i need help and urgently!!

I havent posted my food diary for ages because ive been that busy havent had time.

BUT i have still took to Calorie Coutning and ive been joggin 2-3 times a week doing 2-3 miles a time.

I am gaining weight not loosing it!! I havent lost any inches and its starting to really get me down now.

My clothes feel tighter not looser and i only have about 8 weeks left till my holiday in september!!! :(

Please can i have some advice on how to loose some weight/inches!!?? I dont want to look like a fat wench on holiday!!

Thank you!!!!

Hiya,

Sorry to hear this, it is the worst feeling to put on weight when you're trying so hard but perhaps there are a few little things slipping in unnoticed. But first, there is no chance you might be pregnant is there? I only asked because this is exactly what happened when my Mum found out she was pregnant with my brother, jogging and all.

Okay now onto the diety things, are you writing everything down that enters your mouth? Is there a possibility that the odd boiled sweet, tea with milk or smidge of ketchup is going undetected? Sometimes we think 'oh that's only 10 calories I don't need to count it,' but all those 10 cals add up. Are you weighing and measuring everything as rigorously as when you started? Sometimes we get good at measuring by eye so ditch the scales and the sizes start to creep up gradually. Have any of the pre-packaged foods changed their recipe recently without you noticing? Calorie contents of branded food changes from time to time. Have you changed what you are eating at all? Could it be you are bloated from some kind of intolerance to wheat etc? How long have you been jogging? We can retain water when exercise intensity increases, I know a girl whose weight didn't shift the first month of exercising but then moved better than it had before.

What is a typical day?

Good luck xx

I love running and will run 5-10k 3 or 4 times a week and it has fantastic health benefits. BUT running is not the great calorie burner that many people think it is. It is not a free pass to eat loads more. For example I did a 4 mile run this morning in 35 mins. According to MFP I burned 389 cals. I'm pretty sure that MFP over estimates exercise cals so I would class that as bout 300 cals. So a 2 mile run isn't going to earn you loads of calories.

Weight loss is 90% diet and if you want to lose weight you have to be 100% honest about everything that passes your lips.

I would also advise never to eat less than 1200 cals.

My belief is that eating healthily gets you to the weight you want and exercise gives you a body that is in better shape.

Thank you for the responses!!

MY typical day would be..

Special K and Red topped Milk - Usually with a banana chopped up or some form of fruit.
Apple mid-morning & Diet Coke
Lunch - Mug Shot
Afternoon Snack - depending on whether i'm going jogging or not if i'm going jogging ill maybe have a banana and an apple if not just one peice of fruit
Evening meal - could be anything really i always try to have a good portion of veg with my evening meal though.

I barely eat bread - i eat alot of pasta but measure and do buy how many calories.

i have been jogging for about 6 weeks so havent really weighed myself because they say you should as you are gaining muscle but surely i shouldn't put on 2 pound!! and would loose some inches!!!

i need to start writiing everything down then i will be able to see more where i am making the mistakes!!

Thanks
Claire

P.S No i'm definitely not pregnant!!! ha

How many calories do you aim to eat each day? I personally struggle when I don't eat enough but then it's a fine line trying not to overeat. Have you worked out your BMR?
Have you got a heart rate monitor? Then you can work out how many cals you've burned. I've read a lot about eating exercise cals and the jury is still out. On the whole I try not to. Also if you are exercising, you need to increase your fluid intake above the 2 litre recommended daily.
After 6 weeks you should definitely be noticing a difference. The gain is predominately due to fluid retention protecting the muscles and it is a myth that muscle weighs heavier than far, it simply takes up less room!

I'm fully back on track this week - theres no stopping me!!

Been writing down everything that passes my mouth including drinks (i.e water and tea). During the day i snack on fruit and maybe the odd go ahead bar and obviously my 3 meals - i like to just have a slice of toast or cereal for breakfast as dont have time for much else, lunch will normally be something around 300-400 calories, as low as possible really so that i can still have a main meal that my mum cooks for tea so i dont have to make something seperate to everyone else. So i will have about 1500 calories a day. Not sure what my proper amount should be I'm 5.6 and 11stone if anyone would like to work it out for me - i just cant figure it out lol!

I started this week at 11 stone exactly so put on even more weight then i thought the past week or so but i suppose its a good weight to start at as its rounded so easier to work out how much i've lost!! not good with numbers!!

Todays menu:-

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast
Lunch - Small Jacket (150) and a packet of bolegnese mince (205)
Dinner - Chicken Fajitas i think but not sure yet

And doing a 5mile jog tonight when finish work.

Back