Extra Easy Help!!!

laineydoll126

Hi everyone, I am posting this hoping that all you lovely people can give me the support and advice I am looking for.
I am re embarking on my slimming world journey, my problem is that I am out the house 13 hours a day and when I get home I am so tired that I cant/wont do any prep for my diet for the following day, and my weekends are my time to spend with my family so dont want to be a slave to the cooker! I am eating loads of fruit, and relying heavily on Boots shapers salads and M & S stay fuller for longer salads which I know are not free food and do have syns. I always end up eating a huge bowl of bran flakes or Alpen ( more than my Health extras allowance) so I know I am setting myself up to fail! I need some serious help, and hope I can get lots of help and advice here. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from lots of you.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
laineydoll126 said:
Hi everyone, I am posting this hoping that all you lovely people can give me the support and advice I am looking for.
I am re embarking on my slimming world journey, my problem is that I am out the house 13 hours a day and when I get home I am so tired that I cant/wont do any prep for my diet for the following day, and my weekends are my time to spend with my family so dont want to be a slave to the cooker! I am eating loads of fruit, and relying heavily on Boots shapers salads and M & S stay fuller for longer salads which I know are not free food and do have syns. I always end up eating a huge bowl of bran flakes or Alpen ( more than my Health extras allowance) so I know I am setting myself up to fail! I need some serious help, and hope I can get lots of help and advice here. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from lots of you.:confused:

I work long shifts 13 hrs today and yesterday but you have to find the time 10 min Is all i need to whip up something good and healthy.
I will be honest you need to find the time to Cook with sw but if you involve the kids cooking can become a fab part of family time my 2yr old loves it.
If you dont want to Cook then weight watchers may be a better option as they have Alot of pre made meals.
Personally i love to Cook and prepare healthy family meals and it gives me peace of mind knowing my son eats healthily too (i dread to think what preservatives are in all the pre made stuff)
And just remember you dont have to spend a lifetime in the kitchen 10 minutes Is plenty of time

I work three jobs, and still find the time to cook - SW recipes don't have to chain you to the cooker, but, if you're not prepared to make an effort to help yourself, then the results you want will stay just that, something you want, but not something you can have.

It's as easy as you want it to be, I guess.

I too work 12.5 hr shifts, they are tiring but you need to cook to do slimming world. I make up a ragu sauce that sits in my freezer that can be heated and bung on pasta in a hurry. Low syns sausages and mash. a frylight fryup. Spag bol. Quiche. Dietcoke chicken. Stir fry. Casserole in my slow cooker. Chicken and bacon salad. These are all things that can be done in under half an hour. Ok, I use cheats such as frozen diced onions, lazy garlic, lazy ginger, tomato puree, but I know I am cooking myself and my family healthy meals.

If cooking doesn't suit you then slimming world is not for you, you have to put in effort for the weight to come off. What do your children eat? Processed foods are as bad for them as they are for you. Sorry to be harsh but only you can make the decision.

shellywelly1983 said:
I too work 12.5 hr shifts, they are tiring but you need to cook to do slimming world. I make up a ragu sauce that sits in my freezer that can be heated and bung on pasta in a hurry. Low syns sausages and mash. a frylight fryup. Spag bol. Quiche. Dietcoke chicken. Stir fry. Casserole in my slow cooker. Chicken and bacon salad. These are all things that can be done in under half an hour. Ok, I use cheats such as frozen diced onions, lazy garlic, lazy ginger, tomato puree, but I know I am cooking myself and my family healthy meals.

If cooking doesn't suit you then slimming world is not for you, you have to put in effort for the weight to come off. What do your children eat? Processed foods are as bad for them as they are for you. Sorry to be harsh but only you can make the decision.

You sound so like me with your cooking those are some of my fave meals and i too use frozen onions peppers etc

Frozen onions, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach etc are an absolute godsend!

Thanks to all who responded, you are correct when you say its not what I wanted to hear/read, but you are all 100% right.
I am going to make the effort and cook. Went out this afternoon and have bought lots of free foods, fry lite etc, so I am going to do this. No one is going to lose the weight for me and I am worth putting the effort in to!!!!
I am determined to lose 77lbs by next summer and I know it is achievable. I appreciate the massive kick up the backside.
My husband and daughter have already eaten their meal by the time I get in, but I am going to get them involved whether they like it or not.

Thanks to all of you again.

laineydoll126 said:
Thanks to all who responded, you are correct when you say its not what I wanted to hear/read, but you are all 100% right.
I am going to make the effort and cook. Went out this afternoon and have bought lots of free foods, fry lite etc, so I am going to do this. No one is going to lose the weight for me and I am worth putting the effort in to!!!!
I am determined to lose 77lbs by next summer and I know it is achievable. I appreciate the massive kick up the backside.
My husband and daughter have already eaten their meal by the time I get in, but I am going to get them involved whether they like it or not.

Well done, Lainey. It'll be hard work, but it'll be worth it. We're here to help you out if you get stuck, don't worry, we've all been there xx

laineydoll126 said:

Good once you get into it i think you will prob enjoy it i came home today to a tatty ash that the hubby made he had even worked out the syns and portioned it up for me so im glad i got my hubby into it too

cat yoyo greaves said:
Good once you get into it i think you will prob enjoy it i came home today to a tatty ash that the hubby made he had even worked out the syns and portioned it up for me so im glad i got my hubby into it too

I've got my other half doing it with me too (neither of us wants to be a blimp at our wedding in February) it really works to have the whole household eating the same food. Sad thing is, he's beating me at the weightloss now! Bah.

Just some ideas but 2 minute rice pouches are very low syn and a mug shot and a banana make a quick, work friendly/ handbag friendly lunch if Im in a hurry!

It can be done.

Buy a slow cooker and it will have meals, hot & ready when you get home!
Lots of recipes on this forum, yesterday I had beef stroganoff, prepared it at 7-00am....had lunch at 1-00pm & some left for another day......
Spaghetti carbanara is a quick one to make, only takes 10 mins in total.
Good luck & happy hunting.
Pete

luce28 said:
I've got my other half doing it with me too (neither of us wants to be a blimp at our wedding in February) it really works to have the whole household eating the same food. Sad thing is, he's beating me at the weightloss now! Bah.

Men do sadly us women like to hold on to our fat stores a bit more :( .... It Is annoying tho that my hubby loses more when he isnt ever following diet 100%

Back