Extra Easy Help!

keiralindsey1

Hi SW Friends,

I am new to this site and have been with sw for 4wks. I am 5ft 3 and my start weight was 11st 13, after 3 weigh in's i am now down to 11st 5. I am hoping for advice on how to achieve a loss each week as I was disappointed last wk after losing just 1lb (which i know is still good) but that week I had walked 30mins each night, done zumba (30mins), swimming (60 lengths) and gym (30 mins) so was hoping for a little more. Everyone talks about the food at our club and there is a lot of amazing people who seem to be loosing 3/4 lb each wk and one girl 10lb. I use my syns within food and never use more than 7 if any at all sometimes but still eat plenty food fruit, veg, eggs, chicken and mix my meals up so not sticking to the same food - i do try and avoid bread and when having pasta / rice i reduce my portion sizes. I have been making my own food instead of takeaways at friends and families and i've decided not to drink alcohol until my birthday weekend in december as i am determined to wear a dress. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. thanx :) xxx

Welcome.

Right - in 3 weigh ins you have lost 8lb.... and you are complaining?????

I would suggest carrying on doing exactly what you are doing and don't fret one bit. 8lb in 3 weeks is pretty fab!

Don't compare yourself to others, don't expect the exercise to make the weight drop off much quicker as it doesn't, you don't have to avoid bread and when having pasta and rice you don't have to reduce portion sizes.

My suggestion - carry on following the plan and look at what you have achieved in 3 weeks, not focussing on the pound you lost this week.

Hi jaylou, Please dont get me wrong i'm not complaining and i know 8lbs is fab and that the weight is not just going to drop off overnight , i'm just worrying that i am starting to do something different which is reflecting in my weight loss. Was just after advice from anyone who has been there either to diet first for a little then incorporate exercise a little late on once i have lost a little more. x

Don't hold off on the exercise, honestly, it is so good for you. There are tons of "does exercise affect my weight loss" threads on here - have a look, but the best thing to do is just follow the diet and exercise - drink lots of water to keep hydrated and enjoy the results.

Hi and welcome - Id say your doing just fine 8lbs in 3 weeks is great that's an average of 2.6lbs a week. No 2 people are alike and everyone loses at their own pace, Im a slow loser too but as long as its off its off. The girl who lost 10lb wont do that each week its not a healthy loss if she is sustain and maintain. Everyone's metabolism is different. You will find lots of help and support here as well as from your consultant and group. Keep up the good work

Your syns are also part of the plan so don't be afraid to use them. They can be helpful in your weight loss.

Well done on losing 8lbs x

Whenever my weight loss slows down (well stops for me as I loose slowly anyway) its because I'm overthinking the plan and holding back on syns or trying smaller portions. Eat what you want to eat, have more syns if your active, just follow the plan and enjoy it. I know its hard as you think well can I really eat all that pasta and loose, but it works.

thanks everyone, i think your right jaylou I was starting to have the thought of the exercise could be effecting it. Going to keep doing what i have and try not to think to much about it - weigh in tomorrow so if its a loss I am going to think positive as I will be one step closer to the thinner me lol. Good luck to everyone - think i am going to throw my scales out in the house to as that is also getting me a bit obsessive! x

You are doing really well

Try not to go on what other people do. I remember a girl I used to go to WW with, she had great losses for a few weeks every time she rejoined because she lived on crab sticks and cup a soups. Basically she didnt follow the plan at all but went and got weighed every week then after a few weeks started eating again and piled it all back on - she did this about twice a year!!!

Someone told me to drink lots of water/sugar free cordial every day. I have 2.5litres and 3.5litres if I've exercised that day. Give that a go as dehydration means we cling onto fluids and retain them.
You're doing amazingly well! The only way is down ;-)

Back