Help!

Jamcar77

Ok so I have been following slimming world for 7 weeks now and have lost 16.5lbs which is great. I have a further 25.5lbs to lose to get to target. I keep a food diary every day and everything gets written down, I make sure I have at least 1/3superfree foods on my plate at each meal or following it with fruit salad. I do a mixture of exercise walking, jogging, cross trainer and exercise trampoline. I drink 2-3litres of water a day. Last week I was a little disappointed as I did 10.5hrs exercise over the week and my syns totalled 86 for the week, granted about 60of these were used on. Sat night for a night out with friends. I only lost 0.5lbs which I know is still a loss but I just reckoned I had been angelic lol. Anyway is it really possible for your body to go into starvation mode if it is not getting enough calories? As well as filling in a hand written food diary I have been recoerding my food and exercise on my fitness pal and it seems that most days my calories range from 950 -1300 calories. This really doesn't seem much considering the amount of calories I am then burning with all the exercise. A typical days food is banana, strawberries and a fat free yoghurt for breakfast with a coffee with sweetener and dash of skimmed milk. Lunch is speed soup with a cheese toastie using my hex a and b with side salad of lettuce, peppers, red onion, boiled egg and beetroot. Dinner is usually chicken of some sort using sw recipe with large baked potato or brown rice and loads of veg. I generally snack on fruit if I am hungry but not often hungry as the fruit and veg very filling. What does anyone think? Should I be trying to eat so many syns every days, there would be weeks were most days my syns are under 5. Following the ee plan by the way, thanks for any replies :)

I'd say the first thing to do is to ignore calories - SW really isn't about all that counting and some days you will have low calories, other days high, but the key is that they are all nutritious and filling calories which are doing your body good, so you don't need to worry about them, the plan will do it for you.

Secondly, I'd up your syns, there's lots of anecdotal evidence that having less than 5 syns does cause losses to slow down due to the whole starvation mode thing - I've set myself a target of ensuring I use at least 5 every day in the last 3 weeks and I've lost 0.5, 1.5 and 1.0 in those three weeks respectively - not huge losses but a big improvement on what I was seeing before!

x

Thanks for reply, yes I am gonna make a point of having syns everyday somewhere between 5 and 10. Today I have managed to have 9. Hopefully will see a better loss in next few weeks. Will let you know :)

Ok so yesterday (Monday) I managed to totally stick to the plan with all my free, super free and hex a and b plus 11.5syns woohoo. I still maintained the exercise as I really enjoy it. Today I have my food planned out and should have managed 9 syns by the end of the day. Next question I plan to have a bottle of white wine (24syns) on Saturday night at a friends house. So do I ease of on the syns on Friday and Sunday or do I just use it as a flexible syns day?

Ok so yesterday (Monday) I managed to totally stick to the plan with all my free, super free and hex a and b plus 11.5syns woohoo. I still maintained the exercise as I really enjoy it. Today I have my food planned out and should have managed 9 syns by the end of the day. Next question I plan to have a bottle of white wine (24syns) on Saturday night at a friends house. So do I ease of on the syns on Friday and Sunday or do I just use it as a flexible syns day?

I'd carry on as you are every one almost seem to get these rogue weeks. If anything I'd stop saving syns for drink but rest is perfect to me

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Hi willfitskinnyjeans, thanks for your post. I haven't really been drinking since I started so the odd ocassion I do, I panic that it will ruin everything even though I know I am doing everything else by the book and plenty of exercise to burn the fat away and lose the inches lol. So would you just continue this week having whatever daily syns within the 5-15 limits and then have the bottle of wine and carry on as normal Sunday. The friends house we are going to always has healthy nibbles like veg sticks and salsa so won't be stuffing my face with crisps and rubbish lol. How long have you been following the plan? I must admit I have done all other slimming club plans in the past and I definitely think this one is the best, definitely seems like I could eat the food I am eating all the time even though its costing me a fortune, def more expensive to eat healthily if you want fresh fruit and veg, but it will be worth it :)

I think it's just one if those things I don't think you need to panic but drink would be my first thing to stop if it keep. Being little losses.

I've been on sw I think 8 weeks or something i started 15st exactly I'm now 13st4.8 at last weigh in. I wi on Friday first thing

That's a brilliant weight loss, well done. I will do everything but give up the odd bottle of wine cos realistically this is a lifestyle change forever and I ain't gonna give up wine forever so no point staying off it til I get to goal and then starting to have the odd drink again after. I sort of want to lose the weight living a life that I can manage forever this time lol

That's a brilliant weight loss, well done. I will do everything but give up the odd bottle of wine cos realistically this is a lifestyle change forever and I ain't gonna give up wine forever so no point staying off it til I get to goal and then starting to have the odd drink again after. I sort of want to lose the weight living a life that I can manage forever this time lol

Ok that's your choice Hun you might be lucky and be able to drink I know if I drank I'd not loose an ounce.

So do you not drink at all, or are not going to drink again? I just couldn't do it, it's my only vice lol I love a really good bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc. When I followed ww I lost 4 stone with alcohol, def just think I wasn't eating enough last week, there was basically no fat in my diet at all, my body went into shock as it had been havin loads up until I started in march ha ha. Will weigh in again Monday x

So do you not drink at all, or are not going to drink again? I just couldn't do it, it's my only vice lol I love a really good bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc. When I followed ww I lost 4 stone with alcohol, def just think I wasn't eating enough last week, there was basically no fat in my diet at all, my body went into shock as it had been havin loads up until I started in march ha ha. Will weigh in again Monday x

I don't drink very very occasionally My ex partner drank to much and I just have no love for it. I'm not t total but I don't remember last time I did drink.

There's a good few ppl on here still drank and lost weight but if I wasn't loosing anything I would cut back on anything to get to my goal. It's easier to pull back any increase when you've lost weight than it is to pull back from the increase plus what you need to loose.

That goes got anything tho not just booze.

Have to do what works for you though. Hopefully ull be ok to do that and still get good losses.

Your foods fine though , starvation mode doesn't really occur when Uve eaten good food, it's a bit of a myth thrown about to much.

That meal plan has fat in it the milk has a little fat and the cheese does and the bread. I don't think your meals are that extreme that your body will be in shock it's a good balanced diet from what I can see.

It could be a number of things including the wine but could be hormones, water I wouldn't worry yet its just one wi

Back