Working Solutions Help!!

lardyla

Hi, I have been reading everyone's diaries, threads etc for several months, you have all been a great help and have given me inspiration, I have tried posting before so apologies if similar post appears!

My story so far, I started at 14 stone 2, I'm 5 foot 4, in September we booked a holiday so decided to do something about my weight, I tried diet shakes lost 1 stone in 3 months, plateaued after Xmas and New Year, discovered Exante in March, did TS for a while lost 2 stone, I did the stabiliser programs so that i was eating "normally" before the holiday, maintained my weight, put on 4 pounds whilst away, lost that a week after I returned, but then went off the rails for a week, put on 7 pounds!! Started WS a few weeks ago, lost 8 pounds so far, 7 in first week and a pound last week, weigh in is on Monday, but I've sneaked a peek on the scales and I'm STS. TOTM is next Sunday so not expecting much movement on the scales for at least another week.

I'm about 7 pounds from target then I will be considered normal weight and BMI for my height, am hoping to remain between 10-10.6 stones, I'm fairly active, walk around 3.5 miles daily, and do between 4 and 10 miles most days on my exercise bike, my job is quite active too, I'm very good at drinking lots, my dilemma is should I remain on WS, go back on TS where weight loss is faster (I'm desperate to get last bit off) or switch to something else? I'm fed up with thinking/talking about weightloss, wish I had discovered Exante back in September! I have enough shakes to get me through, if I behave, have had a few blips, nothing major, but am finding it increasingly difficult to resist temptation! I think that when I'm at goal, I will probably do the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet to maintain weight, have found that eating a lot less carbs makes me feel so much better so will keep that up.

Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!:)

Gosh it's such a hard call. It all really depends on what suits you, what can you cope with? better to go a slightly longer route but get to your destination, than push yourself too hard and fall of the wagon completely. I've been thinking of switching to WW but I am only half way through so I think it's a little soon for me. I even wondered if I could 'point' the Exante foods and combine diets? Just don't know which way to go for the best. I don't think there is an easy answer honey.

Thanks Buttons, I've been doing TS the last few days, weigh in is Tuesday so will see how I've done, and take it from there! My friend has started WW, she was doing Cambridge but couldn't continue, she's done well so far, first week weight loss was 4lb. X

I've decided to carry on with TS for July. Holiday first week of August, not sure after that! Depends how much weight I've lost versus how much I gain on holiday! (Will try not to go mad of course, would hate to ruin all the hard work.)

Weigh in, yesterday, had lost 4lbs, happy with that 5 left to go!! I'm at a BBQ on Saturday and will be drinking so planning meals for fri and Saturday!

Back