Help!

snowyj

Hi Everyone,

Please, please can anyone advise me....I started the Cambridge Diet on Friday - so far so good. BUT, I've got a long standing commitment tomorrow - I've said that I'll take a friend out for her birthday lunch; I am so committed to the diet that I don't want to jeopardise it...but also I don't want her to have to eat lunch if I'm not joining in also. If I just stick to chicken and 'undressed' salad leaves...will it knock my wieghtloss this week?

Thanks,:confused:

Hi hun. What did you CDC say?

If you were one of my clients, I'd say you have a couple of choices.

1) explain to your friend that you've started a diet and really don't want to break it so she can have whatever she wants on the menu while you have a pack. If she's a good friend, she'll understand.

2) have a really small amount of plain grilled chicken and green salad and nothing else (except water)

3) postpone the meal and replace it with a beauty treatment at a salon or something.

This is your life, honey - and you have the power to control what goes into your mouth. People who love you will be happy for you and want you to succeed.

I honestly think you should go for number 1 or 3.

Have a good time, whatever you decide.

Thank you so much Isobel...I really really appreciate the advice, and will do 1 or 3.

My CDC said 'chicken and salad would be fine',no other help. ..but then she is quite over weight, so I wasn't too sure of her.

One of my biggest challenges has been adjusting my social life around the plan. My whole social scene evolved around eating and drinking.

Give it a few days, the pounds will start to melt away and you wouldn't swap the feeling you get for the biggest pizza in the world.

I've done the chicken/salad leaves option on occasions where, like you, I didn't want to let someone down. I don't think it's made too much of a difference in the long run.

I have to say it's a pretty good feeling you get when the meal's over and you know you stayed in control.
Good Luck x :)

Back