Help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by snowyj, 9 October 2006 Social URL.

1. snowyj

snowyj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Everyone,

Please, please can anyone advise me....I started the Cambridge Diet on Friday - so far so good. BUT, I've got a long standing commitment tomorrow - I've said that I'll take a friend out for her birthday lunch; I am so committed to the diet that I don't want to jeopardise it...but also I don't want her to have to eat lunch if I'm not joining in also. If I just stick to chicken and 'undressed' salad leaves...will it knock my wieghtloss this week?

Thanks,:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hi hun. What did you CDC say?

If you were one of my clients, I'd say you have a couple of choices.

1) explain to your friend that you've started a diet and really don't want to break it so she can have whatever she wants on the menu while you have a pack. If she's a good friend, she'll understand.

2) have a really small amount of plain grilled chicken and green salad and nothing else (except water)

3) postpone the meal and replace it with a beauty treatment at a salon or something.

This is your life, honey - and you have the power to control what goes into your mouth. People who love you will be happy for you and want you to succeed.

I honestly think you should go for number 1 or 3.

Have a good time, whatever you decide.

4. snowyj

snowyj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you so much Isobel...I really really appreciate the advice, and will do 1 or 3.

My CDC said 'chicken and salad would be fine',no other help. ..but then she is quite over weight, so I wasn't too sure of her.

5. allycat

allycat Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    One of my biggest challenges has been adjusting my social life around the plan. My whole social scene evolved around eating and drinking.

Give it a few days, the pounds will start to melt away and you wouldn't swap the feeling you get for the biggest pizza in the world.

I've done the chicken/salad leaves option on occasions where, like you, I didn't want to let someone down. I don't think it's made too much of a difference in the long run.

I have to say it's a pretty good feeling you get when the meal's over and you know you stayed in control.
    Good Luck x :)

6. snowyj

snowyj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks so much, it's great hearing how other people cope.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.