Help!

bexster1974

Silver Member
Hi All :cry:

It my 1st day on CD SS and im really struggling with the shakes, dont like the 2 I have tried so far :gen147:. Strawberry for breakfast and hot capp for lunch. Going to try a A&C porridge for dinner, just hope I like that. Roll on two weeks for the bars and ready made shakes!

Any suggestions on nice flavours and ways to make them taste better will be appreciated.

Thank you

I make up the cappuccino with a few ice cubes & chilled water. It seems to thicken it a bit and is like an iced frappé latte! I have the A&C porridge each day for breakfast and find that ok, but I do add a bit of extra water otherwise it's like wallpaper paste!

You can have the tetra bricks from week 1.

Try mixing your shakes with blended ice, makes them thicker and to me improves the flavour.

I am about to try a soup..

Had the tetra straw this morn n was good x

My CDC wouldnt let me have the tetra bricks or the bars!

Have emailed her might give her a call and see if I can swap them as Im going to really struggle if not.

Will try the crushed ice thanks for the tip!

The other thing is I dont have a microwave so im hoping I can come up with a way of making the porridge without one! Not doing very well am I.

Wonder why she wouldnt let me have the bricks? are they better than the shakes you make up yourself? Would be much easier for work.

I also struggle with the flavours and always only have chocolate. I don't care tho, as losing the bulk off my gut is more of an issue!!
I sometimes have a a/c porrige.

Have chocolate to try been told its nice as hot choc but was also told the capp was nice hot but as it nearly made me sick im really nervous to try any thing else! My OH isnt happy im doing this so any excuse for me to stop and he will try so I have to pretend they are yummy lol

really feel 4 u re the other half issue. my chap also less than supportive as 'its a gimmick' and 'ur wastin ur money and u'll make urself ill'. this is hard enuf 2 do without listenin 2 this in the evenin! as 4 the tetra packs, im really fussy wit the flavours, i only like strawb n banana but there so much easier 4 work etc. go back 2 ur cdc n ask 2 try sum diff flavours. gud luck.x

sorry to hear that,give it a couple of weeks and he will be loving the new found confidence you have from losing so much weight.

i mainly have choc mint hot and cold i love it cos it doesny have the same powdery taste as the others, and i also enjoy the butterscotch and strawberry done with mix a mousse yummy, but i tried majority of them and they nearly all made me gag except for the ones ive mentioned.

good luck hope you find ones you like xx

Have chocolate to try been told its nice as hot choc but was also told the capp was nice hot but as it nearly made me sick im really nervous to try any thing else! My OH isnt happy im doing this so any excuse for me to stop and he will try so I have to pretend they are yummy lol

I love the chocolate shake, those and the chicken and mushroom soup are the things which get me through this diet because I detest all of the other flavours, even the bars are eeuurrghh IMO!

Im sure you will like something, unfortunately at the beginning its trial and error to find something you like, but hopefully you'll find something to your taste soon.

Cat Bee x

Thanks for help and suggestions!

Dont know what to have for my tea, rang CDC and she said I cant have the brick things for two weeks same as the bars and I really dont know if I can get throu

I was exactly the same I cried on the first day as I detested everything I ate. It wasn't much better the second day, but then I discovered the chocolate tetras, and now pretty much survive on them (and actually love them), with brief flings with banana tetra and choc mint shakes. You will find something you like if you persevere. Once on the bars the Cranberry bar is fab.

Noooooo.... don't try the porridge next! That one of the ones people often distlike!

There ARE lots that people find YUMMY.. we're all different, but there are a couple of soups and a couple of shakes that I don't want to ever stop having, whether I'm on this diet or not....... and several that I really do enjoy toooo...

The only ones I can't stand are tomato, and strawberry milk shake, but, I'm not a huge fan of the porridge either!! as I say.. we all have our favourites, and ones that make us go 'YUCK'!!! :D

There's a thread on here about votes on favourites.. it might help.. I'll go and find it....

Vx

Hi All :cry:

It my 1st day on CD SS and im really struggling with the shakes, dont like the 2 I have tried so far :gen147:. Strawberry for breakfast and hot capp for lunch. Going to try a A&C porridge for dinner, just hope I like that. Roll on two weeks for the bars and ready made shakes!

Any suggestions on nice flavours and ways to make them taste better will be appreciated.

Thank you

Keep trying the different flavours and hopefully you'll find one that you like. My CDC wouldn't let me have the tetras during the 1st week too and from doing CD 1st time round last yr I didn't like any of the soups or powder shakes but luckily I found the porridge really yummy so that's what I had mostly during the 1st 2 weeks.

found it :)

it was called:

Rate the products - exciting (honest)!!!!

..and was last posted to 6 days ago by Luci De-Milo amongst several others. Its on the general Cambridge Diet forum, not on the 100% one...

It lists all the different CD packs, and everyone has said which they like and dislike... patterns start to show quickly in it, but then it's also interesting that some people's YUCKs are other people's favourites, and vice versa!

I have now settled on three favourite soups, 4 favourite shakes, and I have the porridge (but add a little bit of mixed spice to it! sshhh :) ) I only like three of the bar flavours, and the tetras are very convenient, but I prefer making them up 'fresh' myself.

I hope thats helpful... You are very likely to find enough packs that you like to start to find it easy and convenient after the initial hurdles... My OH wasn't great either at first, but he soon learnt.. I never let on to him when I was finding it difficult either :D ..didn't want to give him the satisfaction - and it kept me motivated!! Shame.. could have done with a hug at those times.. but then, I knew I wasn't going to be understood at those points anyway so...

All the best, and keep us posted on how you're doing... post lots and lots... it does help! :)

Vxxx

Thanks for all your help and suggestions but I have given up!!!!!
Not completely though as I have gone back on Exante - I didnt realise at the time but OMG they taste like heaven compaired to CD.

The shakes made me sick like really really sick so sorry! Gone back to Exante pop over if you want to have a catch up and I will be back to see how every one is doing

Back