Helpful comments, or not.

Beccubug

Silver Member
I have had quite a few people say to me in the last few days not to go too far with the weight loss and that I don't need to lose anymore. I have another 3-4 stone to go. ha ha. Also they tell you that it isn't healthy, funny how none of them felt the need to tell me being obese was unhealthy.

People do that to me too. I must've changed so much as not a day goes past when at least 2 people stop me and say 'gosh you look amazing, you've lost LOADS of weight' - I'm like, thank you, but I've still got a fair bit to go, then they comment on how much more I should lose!

oh my gosh I hate it .. I ahte everyone telling me how great I have done , how good i look .. blah blah .... I want to scream at them and tell them I have not finished yet and to save their comments till i am where I want to be !!!!

I think a lot of people ae jealous too , I have so many people tell me how unhealthy it is , how obsessed I am with it , how I dont need to loose any more ... I just ignore them now !!

:jelous:green:jelous: eyed:jelous: MONSTER :jelous: l'd say in a lot of cases anyway,:D

Ignore them! stop when YOU want too..its YOUR body and YOUR life, ive got so many people telling me ive lost so much weight and i need to slow down, when i really haven't, i dont get why people try to put you off

I had this all the time - it used to drive me mad - Someone once said I had lost enough so I asked her what size she was - she answered a 12, so I said ok your too thin then because thats all I want to be so why is it wrong for me to be 12 but not you ? she couldn't answer - c'est la vie ! :)

This is usually because as you change you make them feel uncomfortable deep down in their subconscious. Also as you lose weight you'll start finding that you are less tolerant of people taking advantage of you because you'll develop some much needed boundaries as you learn to care for yourself and put yourself first (this is not the same as being selfish).

Some will embrace the change in you and the "reality" it brings to your relationship; others will not appreciate the ripple effect and will try to put you back in your assigned box (in their minds) by being negative to you.. subtly or not.

When you hear it tell yourself it's more about their issues than anything to do with you and smile sweetly and then in one ear and out the other :)

My sister does this. Makes me cry lol. She used to be 9stone and dead skinny but she's now 15st.

I want to get o roughly 11-12stone and be healthily but she's always trying to sabotage everything iv done and make me "cheat" telling me I look good as I am (I'm 17st!!?) and I'm not built to be skinny ect. Majorly pisses me off! Iv came to the conclusion shes jealous lol

i get this too! its annoying but like u say think they are (mostly) jelous, a few of my larger framed friends are the ones telling me im starting to look too skinny ect but u can see from my pic that i have a good few lbs to go lol!!

I hate it when this happens, it's like your weight loss has become public property and everyone feels they have a right to tell you what's best for you. Would they say "don't put on too much weight..." or "don't you think it's tine you lost some weight?" no they wouldn't dare, so why do they make it their business to tell you to stop? Grrr!!!!

Surfhunny said:
I hate it when this happens, it's like your weight loss has become public property and everyone feels they have a right to tell you what's best for you. Would they say "don't put on too much weight..." or "don't you think it's tine you lost some weight?" no they wouldn't dare, so why do they make it their business to tell you to stop? Grrr!!!!

This is exactly what I think. They never think to tell you that being obese is unhealthy either

Back