Hen do help!!

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
Hi All! I am new here, I have just started on exante on Sunday and so far it is going very well! I've not stepped on the scales so can't tell from that point of view but I'm not really hungry which is good as I'm just starting day 4.
I also had a very challenging day yesterday as I spent all morning baking with my kids at school! (teacher) Rocky road and fairy cakes... I didn't so much as lick my fingers!!!

I lost round 6st on cambridge a few years back but after marriage, my daughter and lots of fertility treatment I've put it all back on! I'm hoping to lose 5-6st this time.

I've just had the porridge and it is fab! Loved it!!

Anyway, it is my friend's hen do on Friday (will only be my 6th day), I can't not go! It is actually a meal out and as the bride to be and one other are pregnant, they won't be drinking so it wont be a big night or anything.

I have looked at the menu and had a think if there is anything I can eat... I saw on the menu that they had a chicken in red wine sauce with peppers, mushrooms, onions and chips. We, I thought that could maybe be adapted so I phoned the restaurant and asked them if they could leave off the chips and the sauce and just do chicken and veg which they said they could!

So, would this do too much damage? Want to stick to chicken and veg, I could swap the chips for a side of veg (probably cauliflower and carrot, broccoli type thing I guess) and ask for the sauce on the side (in a pot).

What would you do?!

I personally wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it.Chicken and veg will be ok,just go out enjoy yourself and get back on the wagon the next day.

Yeah that sounds fine hun. If you have wine id stay away from that as i drank 4 glasses last friday and got plastered and all because of the low calorie diet. So beware of booze while on this diet

Sauces can contain rather a lot of carbs, so sauce on the side and veggies instead of chips sounds like a very sensible option!

Well done for forward planning. I totally admire you for starting knowing you had this hen night - I was a recluse for over a month when I started in January!

Think you have make an excellent choice but as already said - watch the drink as can make you really ill. Have fun :)

I'd just have the night off and enjoy it and get back on the wagon the next day.I regularly drink alcohol with no ill effects, some people are just lucky I suppose :)

I drank too when I had my weekend off plan but I ate lots too. I'd either plan to have the night off so you're not beating yourself up about it if you think you're going to fall off the wagon. Or promise yourself you'll stick to it and mean it.

Personally I'd plan to have the night off and make the best possible choices. That way you know what you're doing, you're in complete control and you won't feel such guilt. If you do take the night off plan and make good low carb low cal choices then you won't do much damage and any damage done will be undone in days xxxx

Thanks for the replies all! I am feeling much better about this now. I won't be drinking alcohol at all so I'm not going to worry about that. I guess the sauce is my only danger zone. Bring it on!!

Oops, Sorry Starlight, new to this area and I didn't realise, makes perfect sense though :eek:

Have a good time, you'll look great as well which will be a good motivator xx

I did it!! Had chicken with the sauce on the tide which I didn't have (just a little taste) and swapped the chips for lovely veggies. Had a diet coke and sparkling water, skipped started and pud and feel great! :D

You little star! How good much you feel today! I am soooo impressed. You deserve a big result on that dreaded scales this week x

Well done :) bet you feel great! xx

Brilliant! Well done for sticking to your plan :D

Back