Herbal and Fruit Teas

Yes, of course. The golden rule is that you can have teas made from leaves but not from the flower or fruit. So strictly, the raspberry/strawberry type of teas are off limits, as is Camomile because that's made from the flower. Earl Grey and Lady Grey is also, strictly speaking, not allowed.

But you can have mint tea, green tea, black tea, nettle etc.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add - I'm out of date! Actually, you can now have any herbal tea! Yay! :clap:

Last edited:
Interesting... Have stayed away from all teas/ coffees so far (by choice) but with the days getting colder I fancy giving mint tea a go :) some people rave about making mint choc shake into a hot chocolate... Might try that too.

Bayboy said:
Interesting... Have stayed away from all teas/ coffees so far (by choice) but with the days getting colder I fancy giving mint tea a go :) some people rave about making mint choc shake into a hot chocolate... Might try that too.

I'm practically living off vanilla shake w coffee and a whole tray of ice mixed up, OR hot chocolate. It's lovely hot... I've not taken to the soups and there's something comforting about getting something hot so it's my saviour!

Yes you can have fruit and flower teas. Ask your consultant to check her updates for June.

just bought a box of peppermint tea, thats the same as mint right?

Peppermint is fine, very good for the digestive system too.

right, kettle on then :)

Have you tried red bush tea? It is so refreshing and has more antioxidants than green tea. By the way green tea is fantastic on Cambridge.

Lily said:
Yes, of course. The golden rule is that you can have teas made from leaves but not from the flower or fruit. So strictly, the raspberry/strawberry type of teas are off limits, as is Camomile because that's made from the flower. Earl Grey and Lady Grey is also, strictly speaking, not allowed.

But you can have mint tea, green tea, black tea, nettle etc.

Hope that helps!

My CDC said I was allowed camomile. I live on that stuff as well as the ginger and lemon tea.

I stand corrected :)

All herbal teas are now allowed. That's really good news!

Hi I checked with my CDC and the rules have changed so drink away!

Heidi :)

Lol. I love herbal teas!! :) how sad am I?! ;)

LOL, I hardly dare reply now unless I'm out of date on this one too... :D

It certainly used to be (and I think it's still the case ;)) that tablet sweeteners are fine but powdered sweeteners (the stuff that looks like sugar but isn't) aren't allowed - too many carbs.

Thank you soo much for that. I am now sitting and waiting for my tea to cool down a bit :)

Bless you Lily, it's only as newbies we are being told stuff recently - your knowledge is invaluable to us still learning!

Heidi :)

Back