Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Peridot, 9 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

Are we allowed to put herbs in the soups to disguise the taste a bit? I assume since we can have leaf tea like mint that we can put rosemary, tarragon, chives etc in soups?

Yours hopefully....
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bridejoo

bridejoo Member

I was told no... but I am only 6 weeks in and not as experienced and 'in the know' as some of the men & ladies on here!
    My understanding is, they don't do any harm but one of the main points of the LL programme is looking at your relationship with food and so that means taking it ALL away.

I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to confirm soon!
  4. SuzyA

SuzyA Full Member

Lighter Life
    No but tabasco and salt are OK
  5. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Lighterlife now CD
    Hi Ive been putting herbs in my soups and its done no harm to me I havent been told not to will ask when I go next:)
  6. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Lighterlife now CD
    The herbs are fresh from the garden not dried
  7. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya Peridot,
    sorry to dissapoint you, but the official line is 'No'... if you're not too keen on the soups, it may help to stick to the sweet shakes?
  8. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Yep - official line is no - it's to do with abstinence - sorry to be a hard nut and
    Lotty - sorry about this, but just because someone hasn't explicitly said you can or can't have something - assume that you can't have it until you find out otherwise. If we were allowed fresh or dried herbs it would be on the list.
    Geri likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.